Apple Watch launch

NewNiceMrMe

Iphone 1, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S never crashed. Not ever. I never had a single annoyance with any of those phones. Not with the hardware, not with the software. It started going downhill with iOS7. Buggy, crashes, 3 updates before it got stable - and iOS8 is even worse. When facetime came out and the wifi broke on stage, Steve said, don't nbow what's happening - facetime doesn't crash. He knew this because the QC was so ridiculous nothing left the doors until it was perfect. Tim Cook hasn't carried this on. My 6 plus is really buggy, even after as many updates as we've had. And these are known issues too, not just specific to my handset.

And these are known issues too, not just specific to my handset.

I would say I follow Apple news and anything to do with their products quite a lot.

I've never heard of any of what you say and not a single one of our household iPhones crash.  I've just looked for any regular crash issues etc and I can't see anything at all.

Where is it that these well known issues are being spoken about?  I am intrigued.

Maybe it is just ours, maybe we've been lucky, but it sounds like you are referring to software problems and not hardware, so I don't know how that could be the case.

Any other TSN-er's seeing poor Apple quality and buggy/crashing iPhones?

Is it not just a case of mobile OS's being rather more complex than they were in the days of the 3S? It would surprise me if today's iPhones do crash more often than the early ones, but I bet they still crash a lot less than Android and Windows phones.

I still think the main difference in the mobile market now compared to five or six years ago is that back then the iPhone was undoubtedly the handset (and OS) of choice, significantly better than the opposition.  Today that's no longer the case.  Other handsets are, I think, better, and Android has gained a lot of ground.

So today it's much more a case of personal preference and, probably, compatability with other tech.

Iphone 1, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S never crashed. Not ever. I never had a single annoyance with any of those phones. Not with the hardware, not with the software. It started going downhill with iOS7. Buggy, crashes, 3 updates before it got stable - and iOS8 is even worse. When facetime came out and the wifi broke on stage, Steve said, don't nbow what's happening - facetime doesn't crash. He knew this because the QC was so ridiculous nothing left the doors until it was perfect. Tim Cook hasn't carried this on. My 6 plus is really buggy, even after as many updates as we've had. And these are known issues too, not just specific to my handset.

To be fair you also have to take into consideration of the MASSIVE jump in end units sold, otherwise you're just looking into A&E and assuming the whole country is on the point of death :P

Bugs? In my line of work we call them security exploits and yes, there are a few but so have many of products/programs. I find that whenever Apple get around to fixing one bug they usually reintroduce an old one :)

Try working with the other iOS from Cisco! Drives me potty. Minor point upgrade to an ISR...yes, fixes the issue, but introduces 10 others! Yeah, we're aware of those sir. Absolute ballache.

Runcible. I imagine the stones around it would be of more use than that seemingly pointless attempt to reinvent something that doesn't need reinventing because, lets face it, pocket watches are rather 17th century. 

Unless.......

14-steampunk1-gt.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Now, that looks much better than the real thing, it looks better & is much more tasty, to boot.

It can also fulfil the duties of an interface just as well, if not better.

Edited by E-bmw

• 5 weeks later...

Have you seen the fricking pricing?  :roflmao: WTF are Apple on? Even the replacement strap prices are ludicrous.  :blink:

Let's apply their strategy to other everyday products

Plain ring doughnut 60p

Same doughnut with icing £99.00

Same doughnut again covered in chocolate £3999.00

I'll be selling optional bags to go with the doughnuts priced from 10p to £199.00 if you want the leather one with a magnetic clasp and I'm a **** stitching. 

• Like 1