Formula 1 2015 Season.

Luke

Excited as always for the start of the season! First one in memory that Tan's uncle isn't in one of the teams (quit same time as Vettel announced his leaving RB last year) but onwards and upwards! 

Going to try get to these two back to back later in the year +++

• United States Grand Prix, Austin 25 OCTOBER 
  • Mexican Grand Prix, Mexico City 1 NOVEMBER 

I'm struggling to see how Honda / Mclaren have got it so so wrong. 3+ seconds off the pace is an eternity in F1. Its not like they didn't know what they had to achieve from last season is it.

Alonso isn't really missing anything watching this on TV that is for certain.

But you can still do a good job on the test bench, power output, simulate hot conditions even running the engine in the car in a wind tunnel again. 

They seem to have learnt nothing from the issues that the teams last year had about preparation and seem to be way behind even the worst team / engine supplier of last year. I'm normally a big fan of McLaren but they have dropped a bollock to say the least IMO.  :wacko:

Perhaps McLaren need to learn a lesson on focus (and maybe humility?) from the head of Ferrari.

"It doesn't matter how great our road cars are, or how many we sell, we are not successful unless we are successful in F1. That is what we exist for."

Paraphrasing slightly but you get the picture. A return to Enzo's philosophy.

Edited by garcon magnifique

Felt really bad for Jenson, before qualifying saying "this is the car that will take the fight to Mercedes" - then locks out the back row...

Maybe they should have put the Marussia's out on ERS power only, its not certain they would have done worse lol!

Hamilton looks in a class of his own at the moment and Mclaren look like they have put a GP2 car in by mistake. 

Fingers crossed there is a good bit of racing tomorrow and hopefully Mclaren can pull their socks up as can Renault for Redbull. Shocking to think they have lost an engine already and they haven't even completed the first race yet, not looking good at all. 

I didn't get up to watch, just read the race report.

A peerless professional demonstration by the whole Merc team. Nice to see Ferrari third.

Apart from that ... oh dear me. What a shambles. Fifteen starters? Seriously, someone give me a good reason to keep watching.

Oh yeah, and...

New season, race one, turn one, who's that we see in the barriers...? :roflmao:

Indeed bit of a shambles to say the least F1 needs to wake up. Eco is all well and good but considering they want to cut costs not increase them they have done a pretty piss poor job of it so far.

Consistency in regulations helps the back of the field catch up not radical changes all the time, will they ever learn, I fear not.