BMW M2

Andy_Bangle

18 hours ago, Soulboy said:

The order book at the dealers has now been closed as they said anyone ordering now will not get one, due to very limited supply and limited production run.

On 3/19/2016 at 1:45 PM, Andy_Bangle said:

The M2 isn't a limited model, it's a mass produced model with a production run until ca.2020, currently only thing limited is supply due the factory being at max capacity building those pesky 2 series Active things.

Like I said months ago, it's not a limited production car it will be produced until the end of the F22/F87 lifecycle +++

There are a few of reasons why the dealer could be saying that 1) he generally knows F.A. 2) the dealership is looking to shift a couple of 'demo' cars at a premium or 3) he hasn't got any allocations and thinks it's EOL. Your dealer won't know anything until they get an allocation for your (or future customers) build - they only get 2-3 allocations per year (~5 for the big ones) so it can take some time before they know build slots.

Although I'm surprised he's not doing the usual $tealer thing and taking deposits for cars that he hasn't got to sale.

There have been a couple of recalls which have slowed delivery down, currently there's a production halt due to faulty batch of 202 ///M-diff's, however my car is scheduled to arrive in 3-4 weeks :finger:

I wouldn't be happy if a salesman told me it was limited production run when it simply isn't.

As Andy has said, in a lot more words, that it total rubbish.

You'll be able to order an M2 this time next year and have it within 6-8 weeks at latest depending on spec, just like any other BMW.  It is a full production model, not a 1M, not an M3 CSL, etc.

It'll depreciate like every other M model (even though they perform better than many other BMW's in that respect) and there'll be thousands on UK roads in 18 months time.

Brilliant car.  Epic reviews.  Definitely one to buy for those looking for that type of car - but certainly not something that isn't going to be a familiar sight on the roads in a year or so.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Soulboy said:

Thanks for the heads up....

Never bought a BMW before, so hoping the sales people are a bit better than the clueless sorts I have encountered elsewhere. But I doubt it.

Any issues at all and I will jump ship and scratch the Porsche itch.

They're like all other sales people in the car trade.  Lying feckers.  :roflmao:

• Like 1

I know there are good and bad dealers for every marque, but I can't get away from the fact that in my experience Subaru and BMW dealers have generally been pretty good, while Merc and Audi dealers have been consistently ****ing awful.

Granted my Audi experience has been limited to historic, occasional (failed) purchase attempts/queries.

So far so good on my latest BMW purchase. Hopefully they won't screw up the handover. +++

3 hours ago, garcon magnifique said:

...my experience Subaru and BMW dealers have generally been pretty good...

I had superb customer service from the Subaru dealer south of Edinburgh when I lived there. Dealt with the owner direct. Utterly superb service.

12 hours ago, M8CKN said:

But when you're losing £2500pm in depreciation, that's pocket change

Shocking depreciation. Love the exterior colour, but again, as in the blue interior of that Porker, I'm not sure if I'd spec it that boldly.

£1500 for three years gap insurance and tyre insurance - thieving cnuts!

Love the car and the colour combo.  The M5 and M6 look incredible in Sakhir Orange imo and I think the interior suits it.  

Wonder what that will actually sell for?  Oh for the days of no company car tax -_-

On 8/5/2016 at 8:21 AM, M8CKN said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122052880821

Love this M6 colour combo with matching interior...but talk about depreciation!

£126500 to £54500 in 30 months 

If any of us had £126500 to spend on a car, would any of us buy a new M6?

On 8/5/2016 at 8:36 AM, M8CKN said:

But when you're losing £2500pm in depreciation, that's pocket change

Epic!  :o

• 1 month later...

Fao Andy Bangle...

Has yours landed yet?

And what spec have you gone for?

Had call from dealer and looks like mine will now be here by year end and need to get spec firmed up.

TBH I haven't even looked at the brochure or online for months, as lost interest thinking it was next spring. 

Don't even know what colour to pick!

That 30 month depreciation is very good!

You don't find many cars these days, regardless of what people "think" their car is worth, that are worth 43% of their purchase price approaching 3 years old.

Bear in mind that the dealer closest to me had a less than 12 month old M6, with very low miles, for £59k....

14 hours ago, Soulboy said:

Fao Andy Bangle...

Has yours landed yet?

And what spec have you gone for?

Had call from dealer and looks like mine will now be here by year end and need to get spec firmed up.

TBH I haven't even looked at the brochure or online for months, as lost interest thinking it was next spring. 

Don't even know what colour to pick!

Had mine for about 7 weeks now and on my second rear diff already.

Colourwise you haven't got much choice but if you look on Autotrader you notice that the majority of the cars are blue, if I was buying again I'd got for grey and a different spec.

My spec:

Alpine White
2MK BMW M automatväxellåda med dubbelkoppling (DCT) och Drivelogic 
3AG Backkamera / rear view camera
403 Elektrisk glastaklucka / sunroof
420 Tonade sidorutor bak samt bakruta / tints
430 Automatiskt avbländbara inner och ytter-speglar, elektriskt infällbara / electric tinting mirrors
431 Automatiskt avbländbar innerbackspegel / auto dipping rear view mirror
459 Sätesinställning elektrisk, med minne / electric seats
524 Adaptiva Kurvljus / adaptive lights 
563 Belysningspaket / interior lights package
5AC Helljusassistent / main beam assist
609 Navigationssystem Professional / nav pro 
6S4 Svensk språkversion för förare