It just got serious

Woppum

Have you worked out what all those buttons and displays mean :)

Yesterday I had my induction at reading. Reading is the only place in the UK set up to look after the 918 and the CGT. Going in to their bat cave is a real experience. There must have been 15 CGT and 10 918 there. You really get the red carpet treatment there, the service was extraordinary. I have the head guys mobile phone number with the instruction to call any time I have a question no matter what. Feeling very privileged :)

• Like 6

Well done something over 100 miles in it now, it's a very good car. With the roof down is so much fun with the engine and exhaust screaming behind your head. The acceleration is simply ludicrous. At 1k rpm in 5th gear the car accelerates like the spaz would in second. I'm not lying! I'm not ready to do a proper review yet, need more seat time but it's obvious this one sits in the keeper camp. It's a very cool looking thing too. Do I prefer it to the Spaz ? Please don't make me choose !

I think you need to choose...

...and I hate you more now  :P

Picked this up last night. Whole new world of epic, seriously! I plan to do some good mileage this weekend and will review as soon as I have collated my thoughts !

*sorry for shitty pics not had time to take proper ones.

Holy crap, I've been away for a bit and just spotted this.  Sam - WTF!  :o

If you can find one unfortunately so. I took a view on it, prices are going up every time a new car comes on sale, money is cheap and cars are very attractive at the moment. This is arguably the best car on sale.

I love your comment 'money is cheap' - haha.    :roflmao:

How do you use the gearbox?

I get the midget knob, but can't see any paddles. When you want to do the gears how do you spark the gear box and manually drop from 7th to 4th for a 110mph bend? Is it +- buttons on the wheel? Or do you slap the midget knob?

I also think the designers one fail with the car is that stupid bridge unit.

How the hell are you going to get a BJ on route with that lump of carbon acting as a barrier.

post-5924-0-71251500-1432591780_thumb.jp

I am sorry, the car is epic & I will never even ever afford to get anywhere near one, and I hate to sound off, but that interior!

It just looks like Porsche have loaded a blunderbus with dials & switches & pulled the trigger to decide where to put them!

Touche, but mine WAS fitted that way & then cable tied down!

Coupled with the fact that it was designed by a feckwit (me) rather than a multi million turnover multi-national, and was considerably cheaper too.

Edited by E-bmw
  • Like 1

Much as I love the 599gto and 458 speciale and think the 918 is the greatest of the hyper cars. It's Wopps 991 turbo S that I covert the most.

For the avoidance of doubt, if any become available then I'm not fussy :grin:

• Like 1