Leon Cupra R vs R32

Andrew

Ok, picture the scene. Driving through Wales Friday morning and have just got onto the A4047 and give it a bit of a boot. In my rear view mirror I see a Golf GTI and think to myself "I'll get rid of him" so I nail it.

It wasn't disappearing - why not? Is it chipped? Are those 180 bhp versions as fast as my LCR? At the next roundabout I let him pass and all is suddenly clear ... the GTI is an R32.

He takes off at a rate of knots and I follow and I am pleased to report there is virtually no difference in the two cars acceleration. All good fun but there was no way I was going to keep my foot planted into silly speeds so I let him go.

Lovely bits of kit those R32's - very discrete in black too.

Andrew. You are completely correct, the R32 is discrete!!! The 180 and 225 bhp turbo's are able to keep up with the R32 but that's where it ends. All of us waited too long for VW to get a grip and produce a decent hot hatch and we love em!! Keep racing!! TP.

I've just had a sit in a new Leon CupraR and they're gonna send through an info pack for me.

Got to say that interior looked and felt a lot cheaper and basic compared to the S3 but at £18k they are a lot cheaper so you pays your money...

Somehow though, i reckon i'm gonna hit some opposition when i mention the idea of getting rid of the S3 to my missus!

yeah, got to agree there actually. saw it through the windscreen and thought the same but oddly enough didn't notice it when i was sat inside the car smashfreakB.gif

i think my eyes were preoccupied by the naff-looking centre console. other than that i quite liked it and the 4 doors are always a bonus now that i'm a family man!

[ QUOTE ]

I've just had a sit in a new Leon CupraR and they're gonna send through an info pack for me.

Got to say that interior looked and felt a lot cheaper and basic compared to the S3 but at £18k they are a lot cheaper so you pays your money...

Somehow though, i reckon i'm gonna hit some opposition when i mention the idea of getting rid of the S3 to my missus!

[/ QUOTE ]

Odd perseption of the dashboard as it is straight out of the Audi S3 but with different, admittedly cheaper, fitments in the centre console. I used to have an S3 and have to say the quality of the dash is as good, and the standard fit stereo may look a little fidly but is a performer.

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Odd perseption of the dashboard as it is straight out of the Audi S3 but with different, admittedly cheaper, fitments in the centre console. I used to have an S3 and have to say the quality of the dash is as good, and the standard fit stereo may look a little fidly but is a performer.

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the dash itself is exactly the same and didn't appear to me of any lower quality materials than the S3 but the area around the stereo is very cheap looking black plastic and the stereo looked naff. I'm very suprised that they didn't at least put an A3-spec piece if plastic in but like i said, there's a big price difference so it's not as if i wasn't expecting it.

Overall i was impressed and i'd be very tempted if a second-hand one came up for around the 15k mark. Only thing i'm a little concerned about is the possible level of depreciation compared to the S3. Admittedly, the residuals are very good at the moment but it's early days for that model.