Porsche 911 C4S

shao_khan

We all know the 911 is fantastic, listen to any Hammond article and he’ll get a reference to it being superior in at some point.  And I can only concur it is well engineered, extremely fast sports car. We know that, pointless me telling you more of that.

So…….how though does it cope with the School run?

The school run is great, Monday morning, you have school  bag, PE bag, book bag, outdoor kit bag, athletics bag, musical instrument all multiplied by number of children (in this case we’ll keep it below 3 as that creates other logistical issues).  It’s a squeeze.  I got 2 kids plus associated paraphernalia, lowering the already ground hugging car another few millimetres.  The trip to school is blessed with speed humps, other idiot parents whose sole focus is dumping the kids on the school after they were unbearably annoying all weekend, arguing at every available opportunity, meaning that they do not care about me a law abiding road user, or the pedestrians, just dumping the monsters at the school gate.  Having squeezed past muppet number one parked half way across the zig zag lines and pedestrian crossing, it becomes apparently how poor manoeuvrability is at very low speeds with the heavy steering and huge wide tyres. Then faced with a speed hump you worry about that lovely painted front lip spoiler and secondary thoughts to should you have eaten that extra pie last night. Teasing the car gently across this mountainous structure you remember that perhaps not having it in sport plus mode might be a good move.  Parking 4 inches from the curb, you then begin the Porsche twodoorlowseatvehicleexitstrategy.  Hardbacked sports seat catches on the sun visor meaning the seat won’t go forward, so you need to move the seat back, but being electric you wait and wait and wait for the seat to move, you get so board in the wait that forgetting about other occupants momentarill you accidently crush poor Jonnies ankles, but at least the seat tilts now.  Giving the kids a good pull squeezes them out of the car and ejects them onto the pavement, is all that was missing was the pop sound like a champagne bottle cork makes.  Deposit kids and scarper, then realise I have to negotiate speed ramps plus muppet 2 who has parked opposite the school bus blocking all access either way, clearly paying attention the parent behind me over takes, then gestures at Muppet 2 for being in his way.

So all in all for the school run, i'd score it quite high, not enough ground clearance, not enough luggage space, hard to get in and out of, but on the flip side a quick rev at idle and the little kids all jump 3 feet in the air and the kids become instantly popular if you live in a snobby area like me.

Where are the picture I hear - Oh yeah, well my biggest flaw with the car is my p[hone kept dropping out of my pocket when I got in, alas on one of these occasions I accidentaly ran it over and its not wanting to let me have pictures off it just right now.  I'm guessing when the phone stops sulking at its treatment I may be able to post some.

post-317-0-47207200-1435916835_thumb.jpg

+++

• Like 4

Porsche twodoorlowseatvehicleexitstrategy.  [...] the pop sound like a champagne bottle cork makes.

:roflmao: So true +++

My C4S was awesome. Enough said. :coffee:

Yes, but yours was a 996 iirc?  And we all know the 996 C4S is The Ultimate Car Of All Time :lol:

Edited by patently
  • Like 1