Porsche Macan - The story so far.

shao_khan

Torino

Sadly vets are on the list (in people's heads) of being wealthy.

Problem is that some people (mostly uninsured wanting to fix the cat, dog, pet) are shocked at the cost and blame the fees on the vet.

Unfortunately the vet saying excuse me I trained for 7 years, risked a business mortgage and spent £100's of K on a state of the art facility that kept fido alive is wasted on some people.

They don't see all the hard work, stress, risk and general carp that went prior to being successful they see the bill and frown. Such types need to be ignored.

Mate spend £300 yesterday on his chicken which needed an eye removing due to a growth. Countless numbers have told him how many eggs, chicken meat or even a new chick would cost compared to the bill. His answer was simple, he loves his chicken and was happy to pay.

Try to ignore the jibes about earnings, only the stupid or jealous believe the costs are excessive. You provide a service, announce the costs upfront and users of the service are free to go elsewhere if they wish.

• Like 3

I don't think it helps that a lot of pet owners can't afford them in the first place, people living on benefits, complaining they can't afford to live, yet have numerous dogs or cats to feed, of course they are 'part of the family' so they couldn't live without them, of course it makes you a callous bastard to suggest if they can't afford to live they should perhaps consider getting rid of the animals, or Sky TV, or quit smoking etc.

In some ways I have more respect for vets than doctors, partly because I like animals more than most humans, and partly because rather than knowing the anatomy of one species, they have to know many different ones, it does seem a rather underpaid profession.

Yeah the dark blue looks vile (IMO) also.

One thing I will say that I found really strange, on the drive down to Malaga.  People overtaking were litterally drawing up alongside and then just stopping, staring and taking pictures - I presume they are quie rare in France and Spain or the colour is.  It made some of the ddrivign quite hard because you were having to wait for people to move on before I could overtake!!!  The same on the road around town, people have been stopping and pointing - its really something I have never expereience before even with some bright car colours.

Having met you, I am not sure it was the car they were pointing at.  :o   :P

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely car Chris, I went to see one in my local dealer; Stratstone Porsche in Wilmslow and really liked the car they had in the showroom. Depsite there being no one else in the showroom no one approached me and after half an hour of wandering around i asked for a brochure for the Mecan and after lots fo fumbling around by the dozy receptionist she called a sales guy to help her. After 20mins he appreared asking how he could help; told him to shove the brochure as they have just lost a potential customer.

Not sure why this shite attitude exists in a lot of dealers as the way i see it is every person walking through that door is a potential sale.

BMW Wilmslow were great when i looked at the X5.

Enjoy!