F1 2016 drivers list

Andy_Bangle

Kimi Raikkonen will stay on at the Ferrari Formula 1 team for the 2016 season, he will partner Sebastian Vettel for the second year in succession.

The retention of Raikkonen is likely to trigger a sequence of driver signings and renewals.

It effectively seals off any ‘big move’ hope for the likes of Bottas and Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg, meaning that Bottas is likely to stay with Williams alongside Felipe Massa, whose option from the team’s side to re-sign him expires next month.

One of the issues with Bottas is that he has not consistently out performed Massa. And Ferrari know all about Felipe, so they have a good reference point.

?

2015 - Current standings before Belgium; Bottas 77 pts (p4), Massa 74 pts (p6), With Bottas having 1 race less, having missed Australia due to back problems.

2014 final standings: Bottas 186 pts (p4), Massa 134 (p7).

• 2 weeks later...

Talking of driver line ups, i was sat at the Quacks this morning reading a Top Gear from 2003 where they had the new season line ups. So many names I'd kind of forgotten about such as Pizzonia, HH Frenzten and Fisichella. 

With light of sad recent events, took a snap of the Minardi section. I really can't believe it was that long ago he entered F1. RIP JW. 

DSC_0005_zps4mbdexr6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...