MotoGP San Marino

Cuprabob

Just watched the re-run of yesterday's race and what a ballsy ride by Bradley Smith by staying on slicks when everyone stopped for wets. At one point circulating last and ending up second. Joined by Scott Redding on the podium too. When was the last time 2 bits were on the podium in the top class?

Don't know what Rossi and Lorenzo were thinking by staying out on wets?

Edited by Cuprabob

It was a crazy race and another advert for MotoGP - no radio contact with the riders makes for some crazy decisions.  I think Lorenzo and Rossi were so focussed on one another that they forgot about the other 20+ riders!

They needed a pit board that said  SMITH, SLICKS, -8 SEC  :)

Great rides by both Redding and Smith.  Redding was on the deck on the fourth corner, had two bike changes and finished third!  Smith said afterwards that he realised two laps too late that he should have come in for wets and then just thought he might as well stay out and see what happens.  Takes a healthy mix of talent and balls to keep going on cold slicks when it's pouring it down though!

It was a crazy race and another advert for MotoGP - no radio contact with the riders makes for some crazy decisions.  I think Lorenzo and Rossi were so focussed on one another that they forgot about the other 20+ riders!

They needed a pit board that said  SMITH, SLICKS, -8 SEC  :)

Great rides by both Redding and Smith.  Redding was on the deck on the fourth corner, had two bike changes and finished third!  Smith said afterwards that he realised two laps too late that he should have come in for wets and then just thought he might as well stay out and see what happens.  Takes a healthy mix of talent and balls to keep going on cold slicks when it's pouring it down though!

An utterly bonkers race.  Great stuff.

I was sure that Lorenzo and Rossi had thrown it away but swapping bikes so late, I said so on twitter then about 20 seconds later Lorenzo binned it.

I was at the Silverstone race, sitting near Club so got a grandstand view of Jack Miller taking out Cal Crutchlow.

My prediction is that Rossi will win the championship but I'd like to see Lorenzo win it.

Edited by burble