Why no Rugby WC thread?

Andy_Bangle

The Pumas are still in with a shout, but the Aussies are just too strong. Looks like a Antipodean final at this point in time. On a separate note, how many lines do has Maradona had? Before half time he was downing a pint like he needed it (probably in between nipping to the loos...) :roflmao:

Ashley you must be one of those super human gamblers that always knew the result after the game has finished.

It's much more fun to make your predictions before the game has taken place but then you would stand a chance of being wrong.

Ashley you must be one of those super human gamblers that always knew the result after the game has finished.

It's much more fun to make your predictions before the game has taken place but then you would stand a chance of being wrong.

Well just check the second bet and time and date posted and I was chuckling all the way down to Ladbrokes

I do not bet often, just on the odd occasion where I follow a sport avidly and where the odds compilers get it wrong IMO which is not very often unfortunately

I will be looking at the handicap for the wallabies as I genuinely think it is a 50-50 final tomorrow and one or two mistakes by either team are going to be the difference, the all blacks have choked in finals before now as they have huge expectations on their shoulders, the wallabies on the other hand have no such pressures and can play their game, so IMHO they represent excellent value against the all blacks

Sam Burgess returns to rugby league.

It's disgusting how the RFU have handled this matter. It's not his fault he was picked for the World Cup, if he wasn't ready then the powers that be shouldn't have selected him. Then he was made a scapegoat for the failings of the squad as a whole.

Burgess was and potentially will be the best league player in the world. Different codes maybe but his skills could be adapted to make a fine Union player.

Look what New Zealand have done with SBW. Ok so he is not a starter but he is hugely influential when he comes on and he was nothing special at all in League.

Burgess is a back row forward and would have made a bloody good one over the next few years. Unfortunately we England find it hard to go away from big fat lumps in the pack. The game has changed so much over the last 10 years and props and back row forwards are now expected to contribute in open play, both in attack and defence.

Our forward pack are too fat and slow to get to the breakdown and contribute anything to that side of the game. Laws is decent enough and Launchberry is ok as a 60 minute replacement but billy V or Morgan are not mobile enough for today's game. Palmer and Wood are ok but are found wanting at even 6 nation level. In time Burgess would have made a better 6,7,8 than any of those.

This mentality crosses over sports and we as a nation do not get the best out of individuals and therefore teams.

• Like 1