iRacing.com - wow!

Scotty

The Indy 500 game they reference in that video, I still have it on my Amiga 500 in the loft, I loved that game so much as a kid, it was the first game that let you watch action replays, genuinely ground breaking at the time, and the cars all received damage.

I'm not even sure if I ever played the game properly, I'd usually just turn around at the start and go the wrong way for as long as I could until I inevitably crashed head on trying to create the most carnage possible, multi car pile ups with wheels and bodywork flying off all over the place, then trying to limp back to the pits and do it again, all to be watched back on the multi camera action replay, it was ace.

These sims are getting quite fantastic these days, really impressive. I'm half expecting that soon, when you crash, it will whack you on the back of the head and make you empty your bank account before you can race again :uhoh:

I'm not even sure if I ever played the game properly, I'd usually just turn around at the start and go the wrong way for as long as I could until I inevitably crashed head on trying to create the most carnage possible, multi car pile ups with wheels and bodywork flying off all over the place, then trying to limp back to the pits and do it again, all to be watched back on the multi camera action replay, it was ace.

Hmmm :coffee:

• Like 1

I'm playing Project Racing at the moment and its fantastic, really good fun and if you want to turn the assistant off on everything it is very hard without a wheel and pedals but great if you do have them which I don't at the moment. 

The engine sounds are spot on and each car has its own little challenges, I've found it to be far better than any of the recent GT series that have just been a let down. But don't expect it to be an arcade racer as its not that type of game, well worth a look for anyone that enjoys racing sims. +++

Yep, starting on Grand Prix before that it looks terrible now but I remember getting Grand Prix 2 and thinking it was stunning. 

When I play some of them now they are night and day better and the sound so so realistic you really do feel in the game. The DTM cars in Project Racing are great the older Merc is manic but great fun to drive. 

I haven't played a console game in years. They hold no appeal to me whatsoever nowadays. A full-on 360 seated racing simulator might.

Funny you mention that; I was talking to my friend Chriss last night (owner of the GT3RS in my FB pics) and he and his business partner (Mr Gibson - owner of that grey P1 from Croft plus the racing team, plus the 918 PLUS the P1 GTR that's arriving imminently) have built a full size simulator at their business in North Yorks and will be hiring it out.

He said he'd sort a deal for the Porsche club guys to go use it and to let him know if I wanted a go. So if you want to, I'll happily organise a trip in the new year.

I think ive said before, a friend around the corner from us has built his own simulator in his loft. Whatever software he uses runs on a mammoth watercooled PC, another laptop then controls the hydraulics of the chair and another laptop does something else! Full bucket seat, proper pedals and wheel with dual clutch paddles, pit lane limiter etc. All viewed via projector on a huge screen in front of you.

He's even filmed himself with full face lid on with a GoPro attached :roflmao:

Edited by Arch