My RS Update

Woppum

However I have a crazy idea for the next project but need to understand its viability.

Your last four projects just make you out to be completely bonkers, more barking than E11 (which is Barking) and now you go on about viability as if they are business decisions.

Shut up :)

On paper the value of collection has had a nice up shift, but that isn't why you buy them is it?

Edited by Calm Chris

On paper the value of collection has had a nice up shift, but that isn't why you buy them is it?

I'll wager that plays into things a little?  No capital gains tax on cars too, so if you happen to have paid £300k for something which ends up worth a few million then it can't hurt  ;)

Your last four projects just make you out to be completely bonkers, more barking than E11 (which is Barking) and now you go on about viability as if they are business decisions.

Shut up :)

Viability as in will this manufacturer in question make one for me!

I'll wager that plays into things a little?  No capital gains tax on cars too, so if you happen to have paid £300k for something which ends up worth a few million then it can't hurt  ;)

It does and to be honest that was one of the main reasons why I bought the GTO, I thought relatively it was cheap. Then the price went up and I fell for it so what does it matter now..

You want a Caterham build slot rather than do it yourself?

A car manufacturer you have to persuade. Hmmmm. Well a LaF or P1 might be a thought, Zonda must be a good shout too given the number of specials there are. A Koenigsegg, mind you I can't see CvK turning away an order.

It does and to be honest that was one of the main reasons why I bought the GTO, I thought relatively it was cheap. Then the price went up and I fell for it so what does it matter now..

Fair play, if you have the money to buy, enjoy and hold these cars then it's a win-win.  Especially considering you have a genuine passion for them and use them the way that the designers intended.

I should imagine that there isn't a limited run Ferrari that you could ever lose money on.  And the same is true of the RS Porsches too.  

Do you regret selling the previous RS?  I think back to the times I used to look at 996 GT3's and could have afforded one as a weekend car - the good ones have doubled since then  :ffs:

Fair play, if you have the money to buy, enjoy and hold these cars then it's a win-win.  Especially considering you have a genuine passion for them and use them the way that the designers intended.

I should imagine that there isn't a limited run Ferrari that you could ever lose money on.  And the same is true of the RS Porsches too.  

Do you regret selling the previous RS?  I think back to the times I used to look at 996 GT3's and could have afforded one as a weekend car - the good ones have doubled since then  :ffs:

Reading back I sounded more flippant than I actually am. If someone offered me such a juicy price for one of my cars I would have to think very carefully.

Anyway. GTSnow day today!

post-1340-0-42071200-1453047084_thumb.jp

Viability as in will this manufacturer in question make one for me!

Haha I zonda has crossed my mind but they are very antiquated by today's standards and looking after them or indeed upgrading them seems to be a massive pain. Plus for course they are now 4-5 times the price they were when new!

I meant commision a new Zonda from Mr Pagani!

I meant commision a new Zonda from Mr Pagani!

He will not do any more new zondas. The only way to do one and pay for the latest upgrade and spec. I got offered a zonda f not long ago, would be well over £2m to make right and would still have the worlds shittest infotainment system. To be totally honest I love the collection I have, each one makes me smile. When I go to bed at night an have car dreams I am not driving other people's cars but my own. I am trying to get a TDF but it's virtually certain that I won't. I would love the 911R but I think that's a slim chance. My idea may be an impossibility. Either way I'm a happy chappie! :)

• Like 2

I am trying to get a TDF but it's virtually certain that I won't.

I would love the 911R but I think that's a slim chance.

The TDF is stunning and would make your Fezza line up very special indeed.  I watched a video of a chap collecting one and despite having Schmee in it, I managed to watch the whole 20 minutes!  The noise was incredible.

Being a 918, Turbo S and RS owner, it says something about Porsche to think that you'd have a fight on your hands to get your name down.  So many of the Porsche specials seems to hit the open market within a month compared to Ferrari.  Then again, if the media are to be believed, Ferrari just don't sell you any further limited editions if you cash in straight away!