Bugatti Chiron

Scotty

With regards to how the revenue is earned, the point of my post wasn't about the specifics of how that's done, more the fact that there are some people earning very good money from it, nothing to do with urban myths or porkie pies, just not something I'm particularly worried about learning the specifics of.

I thought you were when you said "then things changed, YT started paying based on traffic".  That read as if you thought they paid on traffic and not advert clicks.

However, I don't know where you've heard that YouTube pays for views and not ad clicks.  It does not.  If a million people view your video, you'll not earn a penny.

Not 100% correct, based on my experience with CBS/XCar. It's a complex setup but a million views does earn some people about $50. There's subscribers bonus and ad links and shizzle on top. Anyway, that's another story.

I like Tim's (Schmee) content. He is now well enough connected to not need to hide behind bins.

There are other guys doing similar stuff of variable quality. MrJWW is very good.

Very easy to knock but they are just car enthusiasts like the rest of us. I have come across far more odious characters just on this site.

I haven't watched many of shmee's videos but his facebook content is pretty good if you like gawping at supercars. Which is funny, because I seem to have rekindled my interest - is it me or are there a lot more interesting supercars out there than ten or twenty years ago? Maybe I've just learned to appreciate the engineering and technology that goes into them as well as their aesthetics. I even quite like the latest McLarens...!

I haven't look at his videos.  My main point is I'm just not sure what can be bad about the guy for earning honest money, however he's done it.  People must like it for him to be earning enough and buying the cars it sounds like he is (again, I don't know what it is he's bought).

• 1 year later...

The Chiron accelerated from a standing start to 400 km/h (249 mph) and braked back to a standstill in just 42 seconds. This is the fastest time ever reached and officially measured for this driving maneuver for a production vehicle throughout the world. Former Williams and McLaren driver Juan Pablo Montoya is the proud holder of the new record.

• Like 2