Error 2430 Left Parking Brake Motor, resistance to movement

gadgetmind

I have a parking brake error in the MFD of my 2006 D3 and my Vagcom leads shows -

1 Fault Found:

02430 - Left Parking Brake Motor (V282) Resistance to Movement
            003 - Mechanical Failure - MIL ON
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 11110011
                    Fault Priority: 3
                    Fault Frequency: 4
                    Reset counter: 117

I think it's due new pads, and is this error likely to clear if the piston is cleaned up? Failing that, just a new motor or whole caliper?

Thanks

Don't know your car intimately but seeing "resistance to movement" would lead me to free off, clean, grease where appropriate etc all parts of the handbrake mechanism.

Whether that is cables/pistons/calipers/pads/sliders is depending on how yours works.

In VAG-Com, you can open and close them and also open them for brake pad replacement.

Try opening for brake pad replacement and you should hear them both moving.  I think it'll be pretty obvious (sound wise) if only the one is heard.

If you hear them both, you should see how far the pistons move in VAG-Com - although I had to wind mine in a bit to get the new pads in.  (uses a 3 point caliper attachment rather than the normal 2, so I had to find and buy one that fitted the tool - the big motor factor in my town had it)

However, try to wind in, and out with VAG-Com first, then maybe the tool to see if it is fooked or if it's the VAG-Com lying to you.