Disney Restaurants

eldavo69

Going to Disney this summer - end of July, 9 of us, the inlaws have paid.

Me, Mrs, 8 yr old daughter

Wife's Parents

Wife's Sister, B-i-L, 2 boys aged 9 and 13

Staying at Animal Kingdom, got Quick Service Dining plan and a minivan.

Almost at the 180 days to book restaurants so want some advice from those that know please.

Father in Law's Birthday whilst out there so plan to book California Grill for the fireworks for that, also to do Rose and Crown for the fireworks one night too.

Anything else that we MUST see and have to book? Not wanting to eat on resort every night and not wanting a sit down table service meal every night either, happy with casual dining with the kids mostly or scooting off in the mystery machine somewhere else.

I suggested a Disney Princess character breakfast to daughter and she said she'd rather meet Chewbacca if there was a choice! Will likey do a breakfast at Be Our Guest or Chef Mickey's though.

Any other little hints and tips are gratefully received, thanks.

Denny's for breakfast, Lumberjack Slam is a must.

TGI's is far superior than the UK and pretty good value. Their ribs were bloody good.

Hard Rock had the best burgers.

I'd stick to basic food as the Yanks version of fancy wasn't very clever!

If you get the chance and want to drive to the coast for a break head to Anna Marie Island. The most stunning little island on the east coast. Beautiful sea and sand, Dolphins swimming by, truly unspoilt. Take something to get out of the sun if you go to the top of the island, it will be roasting.

post-1851-0-44549200-1454017593_thumb.jp

Discovery Cove was excellent, the swimming with dolphins is very staged for you to buy pics and CDs afterwards, but they have a massive salt water area for you to swim in. That is something special.

Don't do too much, go to the parks later in the day when it's less busy. We went at 5pm and jumped on the rides.

Some many things to list!

Edited by Luke

• 3 weeks later...

Agree totally with the island.

Disagree with discovery, I have never recommended it to anyone as the place is such a blatant commercial rip off. If you want to swim with dolphins, go to the island .

I've the princess breakfast booked for when we go in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know my thoughts.