New car deals?

Tipex

Anyone (Booster?) seen any particularly good deals on new cars lately?

My brother is after replacing his Focus ST, he's a bit vague about it's replacement but is interested in the Mercedes C class and BMW X series which I'm assuming he means either X1 or X3.

I think he should also look at the 1 & 3 series if there are any deals to be had, he'll probably like the 3GT too knowing him.

He's a self employed company director (IFA) so any business lease deals could also be up for consideration.

I appreciate it's a bit vague, but he doesn't really know what he wants, if there is anything else that is a stonking deal it would be well worth him considering.

Many thanks.

Does he fancy an S8?? £1500 down then £500 Business deal only so the company car tax would be heavy. Think that one is still on.

Anything similar left on personal?

My mate was a bit late to the party a few weeks back and missed the boat on the sub £500pm personal deals. Even I had a play on the Audi configurator to have a look at colour combos!!!

Edited by max_b

I ordered a BMW 330e sport a few weeks ago almost entirely because it appeared stupidly cheap, though I am interested in how these plug in hybrids perform. I'm paying £220 + vat on a 6+23 deal, with 12k miles a year, metallic paint and leather... I'd have preferred an estate, but they don't do one and the Merc C350e is around twice the price, albeit more powerful...

You know when you try and help someone and wish you hadn't bothered?

Yes.  Which reminds me, I have a thread to update....

Do price comparison websites exist for car leases?  I've been challanged with trying to find a Kia Sportage for 200 a month.  Petrol or diesel.  Person only needs 10,000 miles a year and is happy with the old shape if there any going cheap (its been facelifted for 2016)

Yes. Which reminds me, I have a thread to update....

Do price comparison websites exist for car leases? I've been challanged with trying to find a Kia Sportage for 200 a month. Petrol or diesel. Person only needs 10,000 miles a year and is happy with the old shape if there any going cheap (its been facelifted for 2016)

Www.contracthireandleasing.com

My advice would be go with the main dealers advertising on there not the companies you have never heard of. The smaller brokers promise the world with ridiculous prices, take a deposit and wait until they have say, 100 orders for one car.

They then approach the manufacturer and say we want 100 of these but you need to supply them for £x. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You also end up waiting forever.

I was asked to quote on a Discovery Sport (yeah, I know!) August by a mate of a mate. We were £15 a month dearer than the best quote he had. I could have got him the car in 8 weeks. He is still waiting for it now as he went to a company called Mad Sheep who, according to Companies House, have a net worth of £1500!

• Like 1

Anything similar left on personal?

My mate was a bit late to the party a few weeks back and missed the boat on the sub £500pm personal deals. Even I had a play on the Audi configurator to have a look at colour combos!!!

Personal deals all gone I'm afraid. They could have done 10 times the amount they allocated!

Yes.  Which reminds me, I have a thread to update....

Do price comparison websites exist for car leases?  I've been challanged with trying to find a Kia Sportage for 200 a month.  Petrol or diesel.  Person only needs 10,000 miles a year and is happy with the old shape if there any going cheap (its been facelifted for 2016)

I get regular emails from a couple of leasing companies and a few are getting shot of the old shape Sportage.  Leasing Options seem to have the keenest prices:

https://www.leasingoptions.co.uk/personal/kia/sportage/sportage-estate/16-gdi-isg-1-5dr/1100287783/vehicle

Edited by Busby
  • Like 1

As mentioned so many of these are for business customers which I can't get. 

I could be in the market for a 5 series estate but there aren't any personal deals around that make me weak at the knees. I've never leased but my mileage is fairly static but I tend to get a nearly new instead and don't need to use any finance fortunately. 

i still really love my current motor so whilst it would normally be the time to change with less than 50k on the clock and it running like a dream I can see me keeping for a while longer. 

Www.contracthireandleasing.com

My advice would be go with the main dealers advertising on there not the companies you have never heard of. The smaller brokers promise the world with ridiculous prices, take a deposit and wait until they have say, 100 orders for one car.

They then approach the manufacturer and say we want 100 of these but you need to supply them for £x. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You also end up waiting forever.

I was asked to quote on a Discovery Sport (yeah, I know!) August by a mate of a mate. We were £15 a month dearer than the best quote he had. I could have got him the car in 8 weeks. He is still waiting for it now as he went to a company called Mad Sheep who, according to Companies House, have a net worth of £1500!

Thanks for your insider knowledge, that's in a good insight into how things work, cheers

This was what I was looking at last night, 10,000 miles, 36 months, ideally no more than three months up front, ie 3 + 35.  I agree - Blue Chilli Cars is about the only one I've ever heard of!  (weren't they the guys doing the 225+ vat a month deal on the Golf R when it came out?)

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/leasing/search/kia/sportage/_/term/36/mileage/10000/lease-type/personal/sort/lo-initial/rpp/100/#results

I get regular emails from a couple of leasing companies and a few are getting shot of the old shape Sportage.  Leasing Options seem to have the keenest prices:

https://www.leasingoptions.co.uk/personal/kia/sportage/sportage-estate/16-gdi-isg-1-5dr/1100287783/vehicle

Wow, thats an amazing monthly, even more surprising its 24 months not 36!  Cheers!  I've forwarded it on to them.  They don't want to pay that much deposit, but that works out massive cheaper than every other deal I've seen over 24 months.  +++

It was the laser lights that did it, wasn't it?!

They're cool, but not as cool as the self parking ability when you're not in the car.  Oh and the 6 different sets of interior lights - and the selectable cabin fragrance!

It is a technological masterpiece.  I can't see me getting one, but if there was ever a stupid deal on offer I'd just put it through the business and mine would be sold.

Not that I've thought about it. :roflmao:

• Like 2

They're cool, but not as cool as the self parking ability when you're not in the car. Oh and the 6 different sets of interior lights - and the selectable cabin fragrance!

It is a technological masterpiece. I can't see me getting one, but if there was ever a stupid deal on offer I'd just put it through the business and mine would be sold.

Not that I've thought about it. :roflmao:

From looking at a few reviews, the 7 has finally overtaken the S in the tech stakes.

Not sure how that self park thing works legally.

It's illegal to leave a car unattended with the engine running.