VPN Software required for Plex, Kodi etc?

Waylander

I use a Bluetooth mouse with mine, as you say, still have to use the remote to switch on and off, but it's almost unusable with the remote.

Annoyingly though, every time I switch it on I have to use the remote to navigate to the Bluetooth settings and connect the mouse, it won't automatically find it when switched on.

I wish you luck, it looks the same as the MX 3 box I have and the remote is identical, it's quite frustrating to use most of the time.

With regards to a VPN, I'd quite like a dummies guide to setting up/using one, if only for the insurance savings if nothing else.

Yeah they all look the same

I was all set to buy a £25 one as this is mainly to play

Bu then I saw new s905 chip (4k) and thought oooh...and the price crept up to £30

Then saw 2gb Ram and thought aaahh, nice.....and the price crept up to £38

Then when I went to pull the trigger I saw the same model also has a 16gb ROM variant for a fiver more so thought sod-it and pressed "buy"

I have to admit your reply had me chuckling.

Based on previous experience of being berated by you for online tv/movies etc I fully expected more of the same :roflmao:

Like you'd I'd be nice to know about VPNs hence this post

I've heard of cyberghost, tunnelbear and IPVanish but no idea what benefit of any over another (although fre tunnelbear is only 500mb data so I'm assuming useless unless paid)

Get a mini Bluetooth keyboard and touchpad with a USB dongle - you'll still need the remote to switch the box on and off but can use the keyboard for everything else. They're not even a tenner on eBay.

Yep I'll be getting onto one of those too +++

I only really use mine for YouTube, Netflix and football, well, I did, it's much easier and less hassle to just Google a stream for the football than feck about with Kodi.

Mine is also 4K 2gb, I rarely use it, wish I could recommend them but they are just, rubbish imo.

Fairy

I only really use mine for YouTube, Netflix and football, well, I did, it's much easier and less hassle to just Google a stream for the football than feck about with Kodi.

Mine is also 4K 2gb, I rarely use it, wish I could recommend them but they are just, rubbish imo.

Fairy muff.

Where'd you get it from (and how much)? If similar price and closer to home I could cancel

Fairy

Fairy muff.

Where'd you get it from (and how much)? If similar price and closer to home I could cancel

Got it from Amazon, off the top of my head it was around £35/£40 mark, I went for it because it had a LAN connection as I like everything that can be wired to be wired.

As it turns out, I haven't run a cable in to the bedroom yet so it's using the wireless connection, connection speed doesn't seem to be an issue despite our Infinity fibre broadband being crap.

It does seem to knock out the Internet connection for some reason though, it somehow causes the router to reset after a few minutes and then then again a few minutes later, after about ten mins or so it settles down and is fine.

Personally I wish I'd just got the Amazon Firestick as above, these cheap Chinese Android 'media' boxes just aren't much cop to be honest.

• Like 1

That was plan A but I wanted wired internet access rather than wireless so went down the box route

That link I sent you was 4K, mini keyboard inc, plug or wifi net, okay you got 2+16, I've only got 2+8.

Any IT geeks running open bandwidth and want to let me have vpn access :) (which for Kodi stops geo tagging limiting access).

• Like 1