Secondhand Apple stuff

patently

Yeah, I've just got a new iMac yes an update will be out later in the year, it will be a little faster / better etc. 

But the one I got will more than suit my needs and the kids, I mean they needed to have a 27" top of the range iMac didn't they; at 3 and 5 years old, oh hold on...

• Like 1

Or if it is a good deal, put a 500Gb drive in it once you get it? I say that, but my MBP (from Mac) is 5 years old now and I'd like to upgrade the storage to SSD but man maths of course says buy new, shiney and 15"!

...my MBP (from Mac) is 5 years old now 

As is mine. It's slow on start up recently. Is that because of Sophos (newly installed) running in the background? 

It's a late 2011, 2.4GHz processor Intel Core i5 with 4GB memory. How can I speed this ageing bit of kit up?

Sorry, wrong thread for such a question, but it seemed appropriate, kind of  :grin:

Spend 16 hours of your life doing...

Or rational? Spend 2/4/6/8 hours of your (days earnings) money getting someone who can, and have a day off.

On a 3 year (in head) business plan I'll buy a tool for £500. If I save 20 hours, it justifies itself. Same with home stuff.

My old phones and iPads worked. Being current cost me £1k and functionality is the same as the old, well a bit better and quite a lot faster :)

However, I use these products 5 hours a week phone, 20 hours a week mobile. It's only money and why compromise your time, which is the most valuable asset any of us have.

• Like 1