A8 boot issues

AudiPartner

There seems to be loads of talk on this, but not specific to my issue.

Well, I have two issues; the first is that it doesn't lift on it's own, so when you release it it just sits there and pulls itself closed again, but the other issue is when it's closed, it's doesn't pull itself tight enough, therefore the boot doesn't look quite closed enough (and the rear lights don't line up). When I browsed the classifieds I saw another one like it so I'm not alone. Anyway, it's bugging me.

Haha!

Do you have the motorised boot?

If not, you can just replace the struts - they'll be a bit tired after 13 or so years of hauling!

Lining up - You can try the 2 little prongy things that stick out betwwen the boot catch and the edge on the opening edge.

If you see what I mean.  The 2 catches have a + sign and can be pushed up into their housing and using a screwdriver, twisted so they stay there.  Then try again. 

Alternatively, if they are already in, then twist them out so they are prominent and see if that aligns the boot lid.

On my old car, the boot lid would not close when the temp dropped below 1 deg C.  Until I pushed the prongs in, then Iit caught a bit better - but still whinged on the display as if it was open.

Edited by cruiser647

I'm not sure I have the powered boot as there is no button on the inside, but it is motorised in as much it pulls itself closed.

I noticed those pins had a + on the end, but they didnt appear to do anything when I tried turning them with a screwdriver. Will go give it another try.  +++

You might have the  soft-close option instead.

Take a picture of the car build info on the inside page of your service book or inside the lip of the spare wheel well.

Then go to this site:-  http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes, download the database and cross reference what the car has  +++

got all the info from the myaudi website.

So tell me, what is Notchback??