Audi RS6 Avant v Range Rover Sport SVR

NewNiceMrMe

This was an interesting spot today but I have no photos due to it being in very heavy traffic and my 12v socket being on the blink where the video camera powers from.

One of those very expensive 5.0 litre Range Rover Sport SVR things (the 550 bhp monsters) on plate PH11 TSL, in white.

It was in the area where the M1/A1 South splits towards Hull/M18.

However, it wasn't the RR that caught my eye first - it was an Audi RS6 Avant, plate C4 RSB (a quick check reveals that it was a brand spanking new car - only 2 months old).  It was a weird colour, like a browny black.  Can't say it would have been my choice.

He caught my eye because he hoofed it past me a few miles before the split of the motorways.  The RR then came bolting up behind him very fast indeed.

They toyed and toyed for a few miles down the A1 South until Ferrybridge - at which point the RS6 booted it properly and put some distance between them as I made impressive efforts to stay within eyeshot (and managed to).   He then let the SVR catch up and they stopped playing.

So I overtook them both. :roflmao:  What a hero.  I cowered behind the wheel as I did, so I wouldn't notice them laughing at my diesel sootchucker.

Those RS6 Avants are proper wide boys from behind!  Looked nice, very nice.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

They were doing, well, they were shifting.

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think the SVR backed off.  With that amount of power on tap, he must have.

I must have dropped about 1/8th of a mile back and the traffic meant they never got that far. 

I was surprised at the SVR because it's the first time I've seen one and the badging was very subtle.  Had it not been in white with the red "R" after the SV, I might not even have known what it was!

Edited by NewNiceMrMe