Olympics 2016

billy2shots

That whole facility is really good.

My son has raced on the outdoor race track a few times.  Last one was winning the Under 16 race as part of Ride London.  There is a madison race in the velodrome in a few weeks that he might be doing too.

So far I have only been to 2 indoor velodromes - Newport and Derby (didn't even know there was one there before the event).

• Like 1

Certainly looked like Hinch had the wood over the Dutch players. Already beat them in 3 previous shootouts and she psychologically destroyed them last night. Thought it was a tad strange that the outfield players celebrated together and Hinch seemed to be left out a little. 

Gold for 58 year old Nick Skeleton in the showjumping. Pleased for the fella considering his past injuries. He was so humble and wouldn't talk about himself, he just praised his horse and put it all down to him. 

My favourite thing so far is the taekwondo. If you cast your mind back to 2012 Aaron Cook wasn't selected to represent GB. I think he was no1 ranked or he had won the world champs just before. He was pi55ed and tried to fight the decision without success. The guy chosen instead, Muhammad, went on to win bronze. Fast forward to 2016 and cook really through his toys out the pram and represents Moldova now. Turning his back on his country because things didn't go his way, Cook was knocked out in a surprise defeat in the prelims. Muhammad made the final. 

Edit. Just checked and Muhammad took silver.

Edited by billy2shots

Women's hockey was fantastic last night, not a sport I usually watch but it was a fantastic game, the GB hockey team were unbeaten going in to the final but still not expected to win.

As soon as it went to penalties I knew we had it, our goalie is exceptional!

It's a shame the Paralympics is mired in controversy now, it's putting a real dampener on things, when team GB clean up in that it won't be quite so good knowing a lot of other countries have pulled out, who are we going to compete against?