RS3 - Saloon!

cruiser647

5 minutes ago, Soulboy said:

Yes Riz. Just do it.....you only live once.

I remember many, many years ago you speculating about an RS3 iirc. Was it not your dream car? 

It sure was, now that it’s also available in a Saloon version makes it even more appealing.

Looking to move house soon too so it’ll have to wait a little longer but a test drive is on the cards as the numbers seem achievable at first glance.

The options list is crazy though, you can easily add £8-10k without even adding the super expensive options like exclusive paint and ceramic brakes etc.

I agree that it’s another level to the Golf R.

The sound alone is spine tingling, it reminds me of when I first heard the original R32 comparing it to my then Audi S3. The Audi S3 sounded meh.

Edited by Riz

My two best friends died 7 weeks apart late last year.

I had known them all my life and we all went to school and grew up together. I think about them all the time.....takes over my mind unless I'm busy or concentrating on something else.

Its had a massive effect on me....

Firstly, dont worry about things that aren't important. Secondly, live for today. You really dont know when your numbers up.

Worth bearing in mind Riz. Especially as the new RS3 is supposed to be so good. And with cars turning electric etc, it may be a keeper.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about your friends and it is indeed a life changing experience.

Your right in that worrying isn't something one should do, life is short.

A lot has happened / changed for me over the years, now married with a couple of kids and looking to move house this year.

The desire to get into a Audi RS3 is well and truly on the cards and I do think this will be the keeper, just want to get the more important (house) things out of the way first before pulling the trigger. :)

The future is indeed uncertain when it comes to petrol based performance cars like the RS3 hence I am leaning towards ticking quite a few options!  :o

You might time this perfectly if buying new.  Within the last week, Audi UK have communicated out to dealers about new finance deposit contribution offers on the S3, S4, RS3, RS4, RS5 and SQ7.  Nothing on the Audi website yet.

The RS5 is looking like £11k..... :o

The RS3 will be £3k at the very very least - keep your eyes peeled Riz

• Like 2

On 21/02/2018 at 10:20 PM, Ian_C said:

You might time this perfectly if buying new.  Within the last week, Audi UK have communicated out to dealers about new finance deposit contribution offers on the S3, S4, RS3, RS4, RS5 and SQ7.  Nothing on the Audi website yet.

The RS5 is looking like £11k..... :o

The RS3 will be £3k at the very very least - keep your eyes peeled Riz

Just checked with my dealership and the response.....

”I don't know who told you this but there's nothing changed. The finance offers are always up for change at the start of every quarter. 

They very very rarely but deposit contributions on RS products and if they do it's normally at the end of the lifespan of the model. 

It's only £2,500 on the standard A5”

Cheers for the heads up, maybe it’s not happening?
Edited by Riz

As above, its unlikely these updated finance contributions will be rolled out across all dealers before March.  The communication only went out last Friday (16th).  Audi often have used car events running in March, to get shot of all the pxs that come in, and I suspect more dealers will get on board the new car finance contribution deals after the reg change and the rush of customers have picked up their new 18 registrations.  Its also a domino effect - after the first few big franchises publish these deals, everyone else has to follow suit

Two examples to get you going though, Hitchin + MK are Jardine Group....

https://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/audi/new-car-offers/rs3-sportback-stronic/
https://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/audi/new-car-offers/rs5-coupe/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Riz said:

Just checked with my dealership and the response.....

”I don't know who told you this but there's nothing changed. The finance offers are always up for change at the start of every quarter"

Riz, what percentage / dollar have your dealer offered so far?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, E-bmw said:

Isn't that the dictionary definition of AUDI?

Ha, possibly. TBH I used to quite like it! The RS4 I had, for example, was properly easy to drive ridiculously fast in a straight line, and because I knew I wasn't a brilliant driver it kept me in check on the corners. Same with the heavily upgraded S3 I had (about 270Bhp IIRC, could be wrong) - that's probably the most fun Audi I've ever had.

I can totally get why people would buy the RS3. For everyday use I reckon it's probably the car to go for. Just didn't feel like an 'event' to me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CarMad said:

Ooh great choice Mac - both fab cars and I can see the attraction of both. 

If only I didn't have the kids to cart around and I had the spare cash to buy a nice third car... 

The M2 is our second car and used to cart kids around.  the rear isn't bad for daily use but we wouldn't use it on the trip to Spain :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarMad said:

My kids are still pretty small but a nice two seater for me a used Cayman would be perfect, if only I can persuade the wife. :rolleyes::roflmao:

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.  Just saying.

• Like 5

On 02/03/2018 at 7:56 PM, CarMad said:

My kids are still pretty small but a nice two seater for me a used Cayman would be perfect, if only I can persuade the wife. :rolleyes::roflmao:

You’ve been saying this for years, either you’re rubbish at persuading the wife or it’s a false objection. 

Just buy one, you might lose a bit of money, you might make a bit of money - either way you’ll have that box ticked and then you’ll know whether it’s for you or not. 

JFDI!

• Like 1