Phone headsets

Andrew

You say to a deskphone - what kind of deskphone? RJ11 type connector? Who has deskphones! Go softphone and get yourself a Plantronics C725. Beautiful and awesome sound quality.

Jabra is quite good, but it depends on what software client you're using. If it's Lync/SfB the -M designated units from Plantronics are the balls. 

Maybe not relevant for Andrew but this may be for someone else in the market :

I've been running one of these for the last three weeks. Very happy with it for calls and plenty good enough for back ground music in the office. It pairs with two simultaneous devices although it can remember four. I use it with Skype for Business  on my laptop and my iPhone. You can toggle swap calls, take the incoming/kill the old, etc etc.

10 hours + talk time so I recharge once or possibly twice a week and just take the cable with me. Many at work are actually using the docking station though

Sennheiser MB Pro 2 :

mb-pro-2-uc-ml_3.jpg

Mac, you are prob right. However, all calls done over Webex or Movi dial in. I can charge phone line as expenses so a dedicated line and a headset plugged into a DECT phone is what I'm after. The phone is something else I've got to get but as long as it has the plug socket for the headset, I don't suppose the modrlmatters all that much. I think. Although I will def research your recommendations. 

We run a fairly large call centre, most of the staff use headsets (the older ones prefer a handset for some reason) so we go through quite a few, as with Mac, I'd stick to Plantronics, they can't (imo) be beaten for reliability, sound quality and therein value for money.

• Like 1