Almost a new biker....

bazza_g

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New years day update: took a Street Triple out just before christmas - crikey it was lively! Less weight and plenty more power compared to the 600 learner machine at the school. 

Still haven't managed to find a clear, non-hungover, dryish day to take the MT07/09 out 

All NEW Street Triple being unveiled on 10th Jan so definitely not making any decisions before then - might mean some deals on the outgoing model +++

• Like 1

A triple is sublime (but there again I am biased) and the ST has a worthy rep from what I know. The R version is tasty on power and no doubt it's delivery.  I've been through the pros and cons of a Aprilia V4 RR (the beast of the the nakeds) but the insurance is ridiculous and makes it a non-starter, sadly. The 09 is defo a keeper. The twin of the 07 sounds awesome with a quality after market full system - heard one the other day with an Arrow system and it was impressive +++

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After the technical fluff up that was the Street Triple live launch I've looked at the specs and the middle model, the 'R', seems to be the one that gets most of the new trick bits - its also going to be at least £9k (the base model S is 8k).

The other challenge at the moment is that neither the new Street Triple, nor the 2017 MT07/09 are on the insurance underwriters list yet - so currently unable to get any quotes until "the system" catches up (tried online with confused.com, Devitt, Bennetts and called the last two directly). Understandable for the Triumph as its only just been announced, but for the Yamaha's there are physical bikes in dealers to ride off on today - any ideas how to get round this insurance problem or know anyone who can quote?

MCE often get a bad write up for service but often smash the rival premiums. It may help you get a foot on the ladder.

p.s. Ouch!!

p.p.s. What happened to the notion that the launch of the new model would help with the purchase price of a second hand one? :roflmao:

• Like 1

Good point, my dad's with MCE - will give them a go +++

Am going a bit round in circles tbh, still haven't found time to test the MT07/09 - actually thats not strictly true as I did almost get a date booked but the dealer sold their 2016 demo bikes! Now waiting for the new ones to arrive.

I go from MT07/09, then thinking the new Street Triple, then thinking get a deal the old Street Triple, to thinking the new ST-R has loads of new bits, then get big insurance quotes, then go back to the Yamaha's MT09 for punch and 07 for sensible - except I think the 7 feels too small just sitting on it not going anywhere!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 3:37 PM, Busby said:

Bazza - if you haven't sorted this, drop me a PM.  I have close ties to MCE and may well be able to get you hooked up.

Yes please dude - have just been on the phone to firm up a quote but gave up due to the absolute bell end on the phone at MCE. Had literally already gone home for the day in his head, couldn't be bothered to go through the quote details and said "you got zero bonus, the cost is the cost init".