530i vs 535d

jencki

Hi. I thinking about buy new car - bmw 5 . but before it I want know your opinion about that models - 530i 200 kw  vs 535d 210 kw

I drive 10K kilometres yearly. I do not care sound of motor. I still can not decide 530i or 535d..

please help me with deciding which engine is better for me

If you are only doing 10k/year don't buy a diesel.

They do not like lots of short journeys & 10k is well under the "break even point" for the cost of diesel over petrol ownership.

Diesel engines are far more thermally efficient which means they take longer to warm up & in that period they use lots more fuel.

21 hours ago, jencki said:

Thanks for answer... I want performance and 535d is awesome but I am affraid from too much money for diesel car servise.. what do you mean " Residuals on the 530i are weaker though. " ? I am not understood this.. 

Ignore NiceNewMrMe - he has got his Man Period.  Again.

What he means is that the 530i will lose more value from new, so you will be able to buy a 530i for a lot less money.

Personally I would buy the 535d, because I love the devil's fuel :grin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Ignore NiceNewMrMe - he has got his Man Period.  Again.

What he means is that the 530i will lose more value from new, so you will be able to buy a 530i for a lot less money.

Personally I would buy the 535d, because I love the devil's fuel :grin:

Queue.... What is this devils fuel you speak of??:rolleyes::grin:

• Like 2

I couldn't give a feck.  Stupid fecking question and a stupid fecking reply from him.  

He's on the internet.

Look up 'residual value'.

He's said he's afraid a diesel might be too much to service.  Eh?  As opposed to petrol servicing costs?  There may be a difference but if that means it'll be too fecking expensive then he shouldn't be fecking looking at a fecking 530i or 53-fecking-5d in the first fecking place.

He's wasting time.  The dealers will have told him about fecking service packs.  But then again he's probably never even been fecking near one.

He said 'new car'.  I thought he meant 'new car'.  He didn't say "used car".  He didn't say "new car to me".  Then again, nor did he say "I haven't a fecking clue what I'm talking about".

Fecking waste of time.  

Have a nice day.:grin:

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

6 minutes ago, S3Bangs said:

I've known you a while on here NNMM. Are you really okay?:roflmao::roflmao:

I've never really believed in meriods until now.:P

I'm good, but for fecks sake, I've been nice new Mr Me for a long time now - but what a stupid fecking question about two cars.  I did try to help him but I then decided I couldn't be fecking arsed.  There. :roflmao:

• Like 1

Hi. Yes english is my second language... Sure, not new car. I mean 2008 - 2009 year... But if I check I not see too much difference of price between diesel and petrol cars from this years..  and it is good idea buy diesel with about 200K kilometres ? I have diesel audi 2008 now with 218K km and still the same repairs now.. (buy with 198K with full service book) so i am affraid from many repairs again and again... and as I said i drive only about 10K yearly...

OK, you sound a bit conflicted here. The 535 is a better engine, because it's more powerful, simple as that. It has more power and torque. It will use more fuel. It will be no more expensive to service and maintain than a 530.  All of this is true whether you look at 535d v 530d or 535i v 530i.  All four of those cars have a 3 litre straight 6 engine - the block is the same.

200k km? The engines will last forever if they're looked after properly, but you're going to start running into issues at that kind of total km with wear on the clutch, bearings, suspension etc.

Personally if I had a strict budget to stick to, I would go for a slightly older car with a good service history and fewer miles and if only 10,000km per year, then buy a petrol.

On 13/12/2016 at 6:45 PM, NewNiceMrMe said:

I'm good, but for fecks sake, I've been nice new Mr Me for a long time now - but what a stupid fecking question about two cars.  I did try to help him but I then decided I couldn't be fecking arsed. 

On 13/12/2016 at 8:34 PM, Mook said:

Miserable feck

ignore NiceNewMrMe - he has got his Man Period.  Again.

NNMM thinks his advent calendar is shit. There's no chocolate and it just makes him grumpy and irritable all the time :grin:

Czt1UziWIAAMaIH.jpg

Edited by Andy_Bangle
  • Like 4