Coincidence!

PeterS

Peter, I have 3 rather odd tales with a similar tone...

My 04 plate BMW M3 Coupe, which I changed for an M3 Cab after 9 months, was sold locally yet I never saw it.

I then changed the M3 Cab after a further 9 months, for the 645 Cab that I kept for 6 years.

The 645 was sold to a guy in London (by the local BMW dealers that I Px'd it at).

About 18 months after the 6 series had gone to London.....I spotted it for sale online.  Completely coincidentally.  However, it was now back up North and at a local garage.

Nothing too odd about that.

Except that....

Maybe a year after that I was driving through North Shields, down a road called Howard Street.  I spotted my old 645 Cab, parked up.  

Parked behind it......was my old BMW M3 Coupe that I hadn't seen since I sold it, approximately a decade beforehand. :roflmao:

That is tale no. 2 and 3 together.

Tale no.1 is simply bizarre.

I owned a Toyota Corolla GTi Twin Cam 16 (Hatch), one of the original cars that was very much of the time of the Renault 5 GT, Peugot 205 GTi, etc.  It was a fabulous car.

When I sold it, it went to Newcastle and that was that.  This was in the late 1980's.

In 2002, when my youngest daughter was born, we visited relatives in North Yorkshire, as you do when new babies arrive, etc.  Imagine my surprise when we pulled up at their house and, on their next door neighbours drive, saw my old Toyota Corolla GTi.   I spoke to the owner and he had bought it from a guy in Newcastle, who clearly met the description of the bloke I sold it to.  I have checked online but there doesn't appear to be a record of the car now.  If I ever found out it was still around, I'd snap it up in an heartbeat,

Edited by NewNiceMrMe
  • Like 3

Had a similar experience some years ago.

Second car I ever bought NHO721T (IIRC) 1.6 Scirocco.

Second wife (with my help) some 5 + years later bought a Scirocco in the same colour NHO720T?

The details may be incorrect but they were 1 number apart & something similar to the above.

• Like 1