F1 2017

Andy_Bangle

• 2 weeks later...

Not the most exciting race but good to see a different winner and some funny Kimi radio to boot...

I honestly don't know how Fernando can be bothered.  Sauber must be looking forward to getting their hands on their new engine next year...

Edited by Cuprabob

38 minutes ago, Cuprabob said:

I honestly don't know how Fernando can be bothered.  Sauber must be looking forward to getting their hands on their new engine next year...

I reckon if Nando had a box of matches with him, he'd have torched the car in the middle of the track. 

• Like 1

Freddo did NOT look 'appy, did he?

I too was gob-smacked that ANYONE would want the Honda engine even after another year of development.

Maybe they will use the 2-litre v-tec unit from the S2000 next year, it has to be better!

Not a great race to watch, good Bottas has got a win.

I like to support brits but Palmer just doesn't seem to be clicking with F1, can't help but think there is more talent that could be racing but they might not bring as much money maybe?!?!

McLaren, oh my how the mighty have fallen, Honda should bow and hold there heads in shame. 

9 minutes ago, CarMad said:

I like to support brits but Palmer just doesn't seem to be clicking with F1, can't help but think there is more talent that could be racing but they might not bring as much money maybe?!?!

I just can't warm to Palmer at all.

It was good that Bottas got his first win by beating the main contenders fair and square and not down to them dropping out for whatever reason. There was 8 WDC titles between them.

Although Vettel wasn't going to.pass him unless he dropped the ball , the Jaws Tuba music must have been playing in his mind:-) 

Edited by Cuprabob

JP just does not have the talent to be in the seat of that car IMHO.

He just makes far too many "schoolboy errors" and they are generally un-forced.

I am sure the fact that he comes from a family of "racing royalty" has nothing to do with him getting the drive.

2 hours ago, E-bmw said:

JP just does not have the talent to be in the seat of that car IMHO.

He just makes far too many "schoolboy errors" and they are generally un-forced.

I am sure the fact that he comes from a family of "racing royalty" has nothing to do with him getting the drive.

^ This!

33 minutes ago, Cuprabob said:

Formula 1: McLaren-Honda looking for gamer to become simulator driver - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39811756

Not for me.

I've always been total **** at car racing games. I struggle to get to the finish and when I do I'm way off the pace. 

On second thoughts......

.......Where do do I sign??????