FREDDY in his S63 AMG

NewNiceMrMe

On 06/02/2017 at 10:34 AM, NewNiceMrMe said:

No idea who Freddy is, but I love his car and want it.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

5.5 litres of Bi-Turbo V8 noise, 577 bhp, 664 ft lbs of torque and 0-62 mph in 4 seconds or thereabouts.

I need this.

Give it two years and you can probably have it. For about £5k. 

• Like 4

Yes, the S65 is even more impressive.

The car in my photo is, of course, the S63 AMG Coupe.  In that shape, I think it has something very special about it.  The shape just works for me.

The 6.0 litre V12 doesn't generate as much more power as you might think.  621 hp and 731 lbs ft of torque.  Still, earth rotating stuff...

19 hours ago, M8CKN said:

I passed one on the M56 yesterday, very discreet other than the quad exhaust. This one was in a deep (dirty) purple. 

I was very underwhelmed by it. 

Im sure it's a monster but it looked very...meh. 

That may be the appeal though. 

I'd still have the S8+ as my ultimate power saloon.

Again, very subtle with it's blend-in-ability (apart from it's length and sound) if you ever get a chance to floor it.

21 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

£130k (S63)

Is there a faster depreciating car out there?  I just had a look at 2012 2013 2014s on Autotrader.  Some mega low milers - the pence per mile must be biblical!  :o

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=price-asc&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&model=CL&year-from=2012&minimum-badge-engine-size=5.0

A friend down the road has a CL63 - he was going to sell it when his Hurracan turns up but told me he can't face the horrific depreciation so will keep it and sell his i8. 

The sale of his i8 fell through at the last minute so he sold his boat. First world problems huh. 

The guy round the corner had a white R8 V10 which was then wrapped matte black - obviously nobody told him it wasn't the 90's anymore. He decided it wasn't "look at me" enough so has just got a McLaren MPC-650-GT-12-KFC-VAT-RIP (???) but in bright orange. 

There is also a maroon P1 holed up in a guy's garage here too - I've only seen it once - on Swiss plates I think. Someone is renting one of the biggest houses on the estate and that is part of his accoutrements!

Edited by eldavo69