A Range Rover What?

Mook

It's called Velar - no problem there, but can someone tell me what the point is of it?  It's almost the same size as the RR Sport (47mm shorter and 75mm narrower) :unsure:

Is it for Range Rover drivers who can't park a Sport?  Feck knows there's enough people who drive them around here dropping off Little Johnny at school who can't drive, let alone park them.

16991587_1210473659074341_4687618130288045075_o.jpg

It fills a price gap between the entry level and Sport.  There is a demand in that sector for cars within a certain price band as much as there is a car that fulfils a particular need.

I quite like it.  It isn't a car I could ever see us buying but I think it'll sell in droves.

The market is there for it and I don't think they're all the stereotypical Mums dropping off children at school.  It looks better than the Evoque and Land Rover claim to have already received over 40,000 enquiries through the official launch site, with 12,000 of those from the UK.

It is also lower than the Sport and FFRR, and not everyone wants the sheer size of those but do want something a little more than the entry level design of the Evoque.

I think LR have got a lot of things right with the new model range.  It is just a shame their dealerships and customer service is utterly appalling.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, garcon magnifique said:

I was at a Ford dealership yesterday, helping a friend buy a Focus. (Yes, I'm cruel, I know).

They have a Mondeo Vignale, fully loaded, auto, in black. 66 plate, 93 miles on the clock. £24,995.

Including options, that's eleven grand off list. :roflmao:

Yep, it was a Vignale I was basing what I said on.   At £25k fully loaded, that is a hell of a lot of car.

Got back into Manchester this evening and heading home and I'm passed on the M60 by a Range Rover Sport SVR I think it was, it must have been doing 120+ absolutely full chat making a very loud and rude noise as it past by.

Blue looked nice but oh my was it low flying. 

• Like 1