MT-10

Mort

I bit the bullet and swapped my R1 for an new MT10. I loved the R1 but it killed me on long trips and I dont seem to get the track days in to justify it. The MT10 is a very different animal and after 20+ years of sports bikes its taking a bit of getting used to. It has super-fast handling made faster by the wide bars and the throttle response is tricky. It has more torque than the R1 and is deceptively quick up to 100mph.  I have a load of kit on order to convert the bike in to a bit of tourer. Should arrive this week.  I want to see some of NZ on this bike without missing out on the odd trackday.. 

20170225_165257.jpg

20170224_211709.jpg

20170224_211720.jpg

• Like 1

I've spent a lot of time looking at the MT10 and watching reviews etc. The throttle is the biggest put off and the new touring pack (screen, seat, gps mount, rails/soft panniers etc) is a big attraction.

I'love the grey/flouro but with my cash it'd be the black one

Still pondering.....

The throttle is an issue (for me at least).  Most of the issue is me getting used to it. (I'm sure a trash at a track will help). I have spent a lot of time on careful  ergo, throttle slack, suspension setup and taking every chance to ride I can (even after dark). It is improving. It's quite a weapon even after owning R1s etc.

More kit arriving this week. Going for this kind of look.

2016-Yamaha-MT-10-EU-Tech-Black-Accessor

I didnt order the Yamaha panniers (very pricey and I have other ideas anyway.). A new "comfort" seat is on the way (very necessary) with a quickshifter, screen, tailrack, handguards and some other bits. Already fitted an Akrapovic titanium exhaust (sounds nice without being obnoxious)

Hoping to get a big ride in with a mate before summer fizzles out here.