720 Wop

Woppum

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Let's suppose you don't like it, can you cancel the one you are ordering for keeps?

I don't think there is a chance I won't like it to be honest but I haven't got my confirmed build slot for second car and only a refundable deposit so theoretically yes although it really wouldn't go down well for my reputation at Mclaren! I will like it I'm sure. 570 was a hoot, 675 owners would die for their car and the P1 is a seething manic beast of a car. From what I hear this will be nothing short of fantastic, the press should get their cars just before I get mine I think. Touch wood, fingers and toes crossed....

Edited by Woppum
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well my dealer is still saying I get the grey car at the start of next month but I can tell by the hesitation in his voice he does not quite believe what the computer is telling him. Meanwhile a press car is out there with virtually my spec, just wrong wheels and I have a glass roof. Getting very excited now

IMG_8076.JPG

IMG_8077.PNG

IMG_8082.JPG

• Like 7

Talk I went to at the weekend focused a lot on the design of the 720S, really interesting hearing just how much work goes into the aerodynamics, and how integral it is to the whole process. Can't say I love the look of the lights, but make more sense when you understand why they've been designed as they have.

Bet you can't wait!

Edited by Thorburn

59 minutes ago, Andrew said:

So why do they look like they do? They are the one bit of the car I'd question design-wise. 

They are actually acting as ducts to radiators. Taking the silhouette of a traditional light cluster, installing small light units inside the and then ducts above and below the central bar (DRL?).