High intensity rear fog light bulbs on A6 Avant SE

g4hlr

Hi Sven, Sorry, its a 2000 model 2.5tdi. I guess that means I have to remove all the trim and carpet from the rear of the tailgate door. There seems to be no easy access via the red triangle hatch. What a "%&*!! way to have to replace a bulb. My first experience of Audi is likely to be my last!

• 2 months later...

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the piccy. It did help. The Audi dealer could have been more helpful if he had told me there is only one bulb in the damn thing anyway! For those that need to know...you remove the plastic trim just below the rear window. Start at the extreme right and carefully(!) its expensive! remove without breaking. Its held in place by little plastic clips. Then you can unscrew and remove the rear "carpet" type trim. Don't forget the screw in the grab handle recess. Now you can access the bloody bulb! What a performance. Audi, learn from Citroen...put in a simple access panel!

Hi, I know how you feel about the bulbs, but Svens right, give the brand another chance wink.gif

Do you have zenons (not sure if zenons make a difference) and drive on the continent a lot? If so be warned that accessing/flicking the little lever to change from left to right hand side of road driving, is a real fiddly job smashfreakB.gif

Made no easier by the fact that the manual gives confusing/incorrect info on it smashfreakB.gif

What car did you have befor the Audi? beerchug.gif