Cars. France versus Austria

cruiser647

Having been in France, and now in Austria, the difference in cars in quite staggering.

In France (Nancy), not many large or even Passat size cars.  Most are C4 size or smaller.  Many with young girls driving. :grin:

In Austria, a mix of the likes of the UK.  Many Macans and Cayennes, X5s, bigger Audis.  As I stepped out of my hotel on my first day in Austria,  a UK registered Bentaga stopped at the lights.  Damn ugly.

Big difference in car culture.  Many male youth are on scooters.  Young girls mainly on push bikes.

Wwill be in the Czech Republic in a few days.  Will see what they are like.

24 minutes ago, Tipex said:

The Scots have gone Dacia mad, every other car is a bloody Dacia, I'm getting sick of the sight of them especially as they are normally driven by drunken pensioners.

FTFY

They're everywhere up here.

Edited by Cuprabob
  • Like 2

Some of the nicest and most expensive cars I've ever seen were in Austria, primarily in the Kitzbuhel and Salzberg areas. 

It is where I watched a Ferrari F40 (and this is way back in 1993/4) gunning it along a Tirol road.  I fell in love with the F40 right there and then.  It was followed by 5-6 other Ferrari, clearly on a meet run of some kind.

I also saw (and heard) a Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary edition going through a tunnel near the Brenner Pass whilst there.  Something else that will always live with me as an aural delight.

Lots of Superbs.  Lots of them as taxis (the slitly older ones).  They are huge in the back!!!  :o

lots of heavy quality metal too.

All sorts apart from the total out and out sports cars, but then again the cobbled streets probably won't do them much good.

So, plenty of GT type cars.  Like CLs, 'softer' 911s, many an off roader like the Q7, RR, GLs etc.

A few US V8 trucks, and a massive GMC SUV type thing.

Suspension part salesmen must love the place!!

• Like 1