Now that was very lucky!!

S80PMC

Driving home last night from Manchester Airport, i encountered a Civic Type R that wanted a little play with the Beast. I'd had a tough week, so decided (unusual for me) to engage in the game. Road (motorway) was fairly quiet & conditions OK, so the speeds started rising. The CTR driver was obviously a little put out at the fact such a big car was pi$$ing all over him, but i got a courteous wave of thanks as he retired from the very brief race.

Feeling quite smug & pleased with myself, i pushed on & held a speed of around ?30mph for a few seconds longer than i should, only to come over the brow of a hill & spot a police Range Rover in one of those raised laybys they like to frequent. Police car was totally unlit & it was only thanks to my Xenons that i caught the silver reclectives on the side of the car shocked.gif anyhows, there was no way i could scrub that much speed off in only a few yards, so did my best without looking obvious & got her pace down to about ?05mph when i went past the police car. I was fully expecting the Range Rover to light up like a space shuttle & come after me, but to my joy & overwhelming relief, the car stayed put (needless to say my heart rate had increased to a very unhealthy level).

Thas the most luck i've ever had with the police. The missus gave me a shock when i got jome though, as she suggested they may have caught me on camera, but i'm sure at that speed they would have engaged & pulled me over & given it was dark, surely a camera inside their vehicle would not be able to pick up my license number as there was defo no flash (very lucky boy).

Can't say i'm proud of myself & its very rare i involve myself in such actions, but i'm still feeling very lucky, with a slight grin on my face laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Agree with Barry!

They have to issue a NIP within 14 days otherwise you will be ok.

Maybe the copper was "engaged" in other things (paperwork or something).

Good luck matey beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Had crossed my mind & the missus shocked.gif, but i can't see any way of them identifying me or the car. It was around 7:15pm, so totally dark (streetlighting not very good on that section) & no flash eminated from the Police Car, so i can't see how they could have caught me? Maybe i'm just being over optimistic, but they would surely have no way of recording my speed or identifying the vehicle when its dark.

What gadgets do police cars carry that could mean they may have caught me (got everything crossed now for the next 13days) shocked.gif

What gadgets do police cars carry that could mean they may have caught me

You don't need light or a flash to take pictures with an infrared camera. This is how Truvelo works and of course the Specs cameras never flash either.

You'll just have to hope they were busy with other chores when you went past.

Have to agree with the other guys here - fingers crossed for the next 14 days.

I was caught in similar circumstances except that it was during the day. Police car parked at the side of the road, laser gun used at a distance of approx 1/2 mile, saw car slowed down, drove past at 70 thinking I'd got away with it.

They took my reg no and the NIP arrived in post 5 days later. frown.gif

Personaly I think you should start praying,one of me mates was done and didnt even Know it, travelling on the A30 west devon he was apparently clocked at 112, in the dark, apparently they sent the evidence aswell, i think he had a ten week ban and £550 fine.

you might have been lucky but i doubt it.

By any chance you havent got a kiwi driving licence handy to send them, apparently they cant do feck all if you have, especialy if someone in say nz sends a fax saying sorry seeya bud !

shocked.gif

Just checked with my mate last night, he was clocked at 112, went to court pleaded with the judge and it was an eight week ban, £550, and six points.

Hes now got a van, which he never regrets buying, as he quotes:- cheaper insurace, cheaper fuel, and still got me fecking licence.

mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

thought over 100 mph and it was automatic ban confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, when someone who shall remain nameless took their partners brand new company car out for a spin for the first time, they got pulled after doing a ton on an A road. Because said person is a female, was driving a shiny new 3 series smoothly and repectably, dry, no traffic, had a totally clean license, the bobby let her go free. The guy had obviously had a good day.

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif 107MPH - 3 points and £60 fine !!!!

Had long disucsion with nice policeman about how hard is it to get a job after uni and he agreed to put 97MPH on the ticket sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is mint, well done on you for making a good impression, keeping your cool and a bit of blagging.

Ian C

[ QUOTE ]

What gadgets do police cars carry that could mean they may have caught me

[/ QUOTE ]

police RR would not have fixed equipment like SPECS or Truvelo though

they can get you if following you with the equipment on their dash or they would have hand-held laser guns

I reckon they just use those lay bys as a resting place or high visibility deterrent while they wait for an accident / incident to sort out

unless you saw one of them pointed the laser at you you should be OK - good luck