New 2nd Hand car time, Signum size

BURTON

Hello All,

Long time, hope everyone is well.

My wife is going to be changes jobs soon and so with us having 2 cars this will then go down to one. I don't need a car as I use my cycle to commute to work each day.

So we have a S Max and a Fiat 500 with the S Max on the cards to go first and then the 500 which will be half way through payment in April.

Now looking for a replacement, do we go the short term fun runner or think more long term and get something that will allow our family to grow in the next few years. We had a Signum a few years ago and was impressed with that and liked what it had to offer, but was wondering if there is anything like this on the market today, can be 2nd hand and have thought about getting another Signum too.

Just wondering peoples opinions, would only like to go to a max of £8k.

Thanks

1 hour ago, theduisbergkid said:

So; petrol, roomy(ish), £8k, one to keep, right?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E39-M5-LONG-MOT-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY/322942528638?hash=item4b30dfec7e:g:cYIAAOSw-K9ZNR4b

I'm rubbish at sensible suggestions. Keep the S Max and give it the occasional thrashing to keep the diesel thingies healthy?

I would have one of them, just that it would be less than 3 miles a day and the S Max is already leggy, over 150k so would like something a little fresher.. 

Have been looking at a VW Passat or Merc C220 Estate....

I've had more Passats than you can shake a spanner at.

They'll go forever and very rarely fail. It wont excite you in any way whatsoever but I don't think thats what you're wanting anyway

If i was buying a car for the same purpose as you are, a Passat would be the first place i'd look. It'll keep the kids safe in an accident too   

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, E-bmw said:

Confused.com

Note to self. I want a fffff off big car.............. I know, I'll try a mini?

How did that go again?

The Mini would be a Clubman but looks like it would need to be the newer shape which is a larger, but then out of budget.

As mentioned earlier it's do I get a fun car now for it to be replaced or a more family oriented car and stick with that, I know the 3 series are a good candidate more so when in Touring form.

• 2 months later...