• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

the honda s2000 is a cool car but it says it has 240bhp it does but the power is at the top of the rpm meter so if you do want to get your full 240bhp you really have to kane it

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what most people do in sports cars, we cane them wink.gif

When driving fast how many people change 1000 or 2000 before the redline? I don't know anyone who does. In the S3 I change at 5500 - 6000 rpm when going for it, and in the S2000 I change at 8000-9000. Its a simple choice, linear acceleration ala S3 or VTEC style.

The point of the S2000 is the Jekyl and Hyde bit, thats why 30+mpg is easy. Around town when you don't really need to go quick its a very easy car to drive and out into the country roads, keep the revs at 6000+ which is very easy with a 3000 rpm rev band to play with and its fast as F*** wink.gif

Tell me a faster or more fun brand new roadster for £26k that can be used for both pleasure and business?

I was considering getting an s2000 earlier in the year. I thouroughly researched all the quality cars in my price bracket and this one came out on top. For the same money I could afford a newer, lower milage s2000 than the other cars I was considering.

One day I was driving along with my girlfriend and one drives by, she's knows I'm thinking of getting a new car. I say "hey, how about one of those. What do you think of them?". She comes back with "What? an MX5?". I'm like "NO, NO, NO, NO, its not an MX5", and she's like - "well it looks like one". Gutted, It hits me - no s2000 for me.

Until then I hadnt even thought about it. I was suprised she even knew what an MX5 was. "not even a hairdressers car but the receptionist at the hairdressers' car" I recall Anne Robinson saying about the MX5 on Top Gear.

I mean, with the cars I was considering, as well as quality and performance, Image is also a what you are shelling out large amounts of cash for. Something that to the untrained eye resembles/represents a cheap japanese sports car is not for me.

I hate to say it but even myself nowadays, I can't tell the difference between an s2000 and an MX5 until the car gets close enough for me to see the badge. What a shame.

I'm saving up for Audi RS6 saloon now. I'd ditched the whole idea of a 2 seater convertable. But now with this weather I'm not so sure.

iamwithstupid.gif "I'm sure if you took the photo from the right angle, you could make an Escalade look similar to a Lupo."

Possibly take a look at the photo again. Compare the grills (almost identical), shape of the front lights (almost identical). Height/width of car, the wheels, the shape of the windscreen, the fact that they are both jap 2 seater sports convertables.

You have to be winding me up.

post-3509-137914274384_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Thats what most people do in sports cars, we cane them

When driving fast how many people change 1000 or 2000 before the redline? I don't know anyone who does. In the S3 I change at 5500 - 6000 rpm when going for it, and in the S2000 I change at 8000-9000. Its a simple choice, linear acceleration ala S3 or VTEC style.

The point of the S2000 is the Jekyl and Hyde bit, thats why 30+mpg is easy. Around town when you don't really need to go quick its a very easy car to drive and out into the country roads, keep the revs at 6000+ which is very easy with a 3000 rpm rev band to play with and its fast as F***

Tell me a faster or more fun brand new roadster for £26k that can be used for both pleasure and business?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, as long as you don't mind driving like that all the time.

I used to find with my Honda Prelude VTEC that on the right road in the right conditions and with no traffic it was awesome. The other 98% of the time it was a pain having to rev the nuts off it all the time.

[ QUOTE ]

iamwithstupid.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, maybe you should get to know the forum before you start referring to people as stupid.

You have 9 posts (!!!), I think you should spend more time here before you use that icon, unless it is to describe yourself.

As for them looking similar, I don't need some crap yank publicity shot to judge, I can see hundreds of them on the road and believe me, there is no way I could posssibly say they look similar other than they have 2 seats and 4 wheels!

I agree with Lodders on this. I have never mistaken an MX5 for an S2000. I see what you mean about the similarities, but seriously, if you can't tell the difference (even from a reasonable difference) then you either need your eyesight looked at or you just don't know your cars very well.

169144-ok.gif

agree with loddrik and Ari

nice looking car and I never confuse with the girlie MX5. also the VTEC engine is impressive but tiring after a while having to rev its nuts off the whole time to get any performance

look great in grey with red leather

Thanks guys, isn't she beautiful !!!! Mine is on back-order but I'm so excited! Gonna call her Miffy (continuing the cartoon theme from Kitty) I think......

Will miss little Kitty, but won't miss Audi dealers... coil packs... turbo lag... DV's... dodgy brakes.. leaking oil... scratched windows... oohhhhh the list goes on!

And thanks for the welcome - site's looking good smile.gif

see you over on S2ki Jo, shame you have to wait so long, hope the weather holds out long enough to get some summer driving.

Maybe we can get a Vtec area on the forum now seeing as there are so many S2ks. 169144-ok.gif here's mine (and no that's a reflection on the front arch not a scrape lol)

topoff.jpg