Women!! Sometimes I dont undertand them.

S3Bangs

Ok, so my girlfriend and I decided we’d go to Spain at the start of Euro 2004 which I begrudgingly agreed to

She now says to me “Tony, I’m going to go on this crash ‘unheard of’ diet so I can look great in my bikini”

I tell her you don’t need to as you look gorgeous anyway (Geez! She’s 6ft tall and weighs bout 10stone anyway)

Now, she’d been on this diet for about 2 weeks now and poodling around the house this morning while getting ready for work, I nonchalantly ask her..

“Baby, you know that diet you said you were on, is it working?”

Honestly, I only wanted to know out of curiosity and had no malicious intent whatsoever in asking but she started spewing at me saying that’s not nice, this that and the other, now, I’m in the doghouse.

What have I done wrong? Was I wrong to ask? Did I put it too bluntly? How do I tackle the situation now?

Any advise appreciated..

A confused man confused.gif

Ouch. Bad move that, asking about the diet. You should never mention it. If you say it's working you're in trouble because it means you think she was fat before. If you say it isn't working you're in trouble because it means you think she's still fat. confused.gif

Of course it doesn't matter that you don't think either of these things, she makes her mind up what you mean and you cannot get out of it. Any effort made to explain her error causes more problems because you're 'just trying to get out of it'. mad.gif

My gf is just the same, misreads what I say in usually the most negative way and refuses to accept that I could have meant anything else. crazy.gif

Anyway, my advice on the diet thing is just to keep telling her how great she looks and never mention it again. If she asks you directly if you think she's lost weight then ask her where you think she should have lost if from as there was nowhere to lose it from in the first place. grin.gif

To be honest there is only one way out of this.

What you need is some of that computer stuff they use for modelling humans for computer games.

Then what you do is every time she goes to sleep, run the geeky stuff over her, and get her exact measurements, and if they've improved, tell her the next morning that your sure her _________ (insert body part) looks smaller today, as all women can tell where they have lost weight from.

Snail,

I think I'd be dead if I said to her.. Well baby, your jugs have reduced in size since you started this diet as she's always saying. I want them bigger.. Or if I said, your thighs have reduced in size, what chance do I stand of living another day.

I think I'll take MingBlueMagics advice... I'm never going to win this so I'll keep my mouth shut and still expect to be clobbered on the head for not saying anything, though I'll feel much better that way I think.. confused.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Repeat after me:

"Don't be silly, of COURSE you don't look fat. What a silly thing to say"

AFAIC there's only one way to lose weight in a relationship...

123576-assfeck.gif

Tell her to go on a banana diet! yelrotflmao.gif

Where you going in Spain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that be 'my' Banana diet or something else yelrotflmao.gif

As I said above, I did stress she doesn't need to lose weight as she looks great but she's still doing it. If I stop her I die, If I dont I'll still die

Going to Alcudia, wherever that is!

Maybe you need to change your tactics mate. How about start buying Ari's choice of top shelf entertainment (curvy cuties, etc), if you start showing interest in more rotund ladies, maybe she'll start worrying she's too thin for you, and stop dieting.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, so my girlfriend and I decided we’d go to Spain at the start of Euro 2004 which I begrudgingly agreed to

She now says to me “Tony, I’m going to go on this crash ‘unheard of’ diet so I can look great in my bikini”

I tell her you don’t need to as you look gorgeous anyway (Geez! She’s 6ft tall and weighs bout 10stone anyway)

Now, she’d been on this diet for about 2 weeks now and poodling around the house this morning while getting ready for work, I nonchalantly ask her..

Honestly, I only wanted to know out of curiosity and had no malicious intent whatsoever in asking but she started spewing at me saying that’s not nice, this that and the other, now, I’m in the doghouse.

What have I done wrong? Was I wrong to ask? Did I put it too bluntly? How do I tackle the situation now?

Any advise appreciated..

A confused man confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say Daz is looking overweight...and he's not 6ft either confused.gif

fuck_scott.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well S3Bangs, if thats her in your avatar tell her she's crazy jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She's mucho better actually.. Pictures provided on request.. tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you need to change your tactics mate. How about start buying Ari's choice of top shelf entertainment (curvy cuties, etc), if you start showing interest in more rotund ladies, maybe she'll start worrying she's too thin for you, and stop dieting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the suicidal encouragement Snail yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, looking at that avatar. Looks like that "bird" is packing some serious tackle!

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris, its called a skirt methinks... tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say Daz is looking overweight...and he's not 6ft either

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt you hear Daz and I broke up ages ago? silly lil fekr.gif He just wasnt doing it for me.. shocked.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I nonchalantly ask her..

[/ QUOTE ]

S3B you twonk wink.gif It is your fault! You spoke to her in 'man'. Plain English, what did you expect? slap.gif

Women speak 'woman', everyone knows that suicide.gif. When women speak to each other, they listen to what they mean and not what they say znaika.gif She has translated your 'man' into 'woman'. And by my understanding of how they work, you are wrong, so you should be grovelling in her books. If it was me, I'd tell her to STFU cause my wife wont be reading this wink.gif