Future Classics

AquilaEagle

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna put my money on the bangle 7 series beemer.

Its caused such an outrage, and must of hit BMW sales, but still, i reckon it will be a classic.

Also, the saxo VTR/VTS. It instantly became the boy racers car of choice, but im sure it'll be recognised for the super little motor it was. (in a sierra cossie type way)

I agree with most of the above - Audi would also make the list with the RS4 joining the RS2

the only recent car which I think has brought something new to the table (other than the mini-MPV thing) is the Smart car - first city car that was fun and affordable. So this is one I think people will look back on as the start of something new maybe.

Not sure about the R32 - Golf with a body kit....... agree witht he rest though.

I also think there will be some others like perhaps:

Merc SLK - first hardtop cabrio.

Lotus Carlton - kind of started a trend

TVR Cerberra/Chimera/Grif - last of the V8s

New Beetle Cabrio - Inovative Roof design, move away from 'square' roofs (or is that rooves?).

Lupo 3l - lightweight economical, aluminium/plastic construction in budget sector.

Hmmm, not sure about some of them - especially the Lupo cos it's not groundbreaking in the looks department.

My list (without thinking too hard) would be (in no particular order):

1. Saxo VTR/VTS

2. Ford Puma

3. MGF

4. MX5 MK1

5. Clio williams

6. Focus RS

7. Audi S3

8. Merc SLK

9. Bimmer Z3 mk1

10. Mini cooper S works.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Today's scene of grossly modifying quality and performance cars and/or thraping them to within an inch of their lives, means that any totally stock performance saloon on today's market, will become very desireable in the future.

</2p>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about that. Can't see anybody drooling over my BMW 320 Diesel in 20 years time. smile.gif