how to arrange tour of TVR shop in Blackpool?

Waylander

Hi

posted in general section too but basically my youngest bro-in-law is down from canada. the boy [22] is a car nut and if poss i would like to treat him to a visit to the TVR workshop in blackpool so he goes back to hicksville having been to as many showrooms as poss [already done a ferrari and lamborghini showroom and in london he had to pay homage to the Mclaren F1]

anyone with contacts or tips abotu how to arrange a good visit [hopefully more than just a walk into the showroom!]

cheers

Would have answered this earlier Riz if i had have found it in here!! tongue.gif

Try giving TVR a ring, the number is 01253 5090000. They are normally very accommodating and am sure they will give your brother-in-law a tour especially as they have come all the way from Canada! 169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gif

thanks

just rang them and currently they only have a part time tour operator and tours are for customers waiting for cars only.

i asked if we could tag-along to a tour already arranged for a cutomer an they suggested i speak to the tour-guide hersel [someone called Lisa] next tues/wed/thurs.

so we'll see what she says...

[ QUOTE ]

Would have answered this earlier Riz if i had have found it in here!! tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have but i saw that no-one had posted in this section since 17/6/04 so i asked in the general section [but i note that has been deleted after being looked at alot but never replied to SAUER0421.GIF] then thought i would bring the enquiry home where it should be 169144-ok.gif

woman who answers phone at that number said no again customers only but i left my name [and title - hate using it but helps for somethings for Lisa to call me back [did make the throw away remark that maybe i would be inspired to buy one wink.gif i wish!].

She did call back, was very helpful and got a tour for 2 arranged. now i just gotta get my Bro-in-law over from canada to go...only kidding! 169144-ok.gif

• 4 weeks later...

oh no no, merely a Dr but i only correct anyone from Mr to Dr when i am very peeved [and at snobby placed like this to pretend/imply that i am actually a rich senior doc not a stressed manky junior one!]

incidently tour didnt happen; the tour guide was notified by new owner that all tours to stop and they relented enough to say that ones she had already agreed to could come but only see the pre-production area.

a 2 hour round trip for 20mins in the pre-production area: couldnt be arsed!