Ferrari F1 crash

simkna

It IS the ex-Shumacher car (note the autograph on the engine cover). Kroymans is the Dutch Ferrari (a.o.) importer, and multi millionaire.

Some think it's a publicity stunt (loads of rumours). But a Dutch car-journo thinks it was real. Apparently they bought the car, stuck a new front end on and figuered it would hold. Seems they were wrong...

• 6 years later...

Hi all I am new here and to honest it's the picture at the top of this thread that made me sign up. It looks to me very like an IRL or CART tub to me. One very much like the one Alex Zanardi almost lost his life in. As far as I can remember the F1 rules have demanded a tub that starts at the drivers feet and finish behind his back since at the latest 1991. It's called a monocoque and as such would not be made in two parts as the car at the top clearly has, the word mono is the giveaway. For the drivers legs to be hanging out like that in an F1 car the front of the car would be shredded not that nice clean cut. I have found a picture of a model of an F1 car to show what the monocoque looks like and where it starts and finishes. I know it's only a model but I have spent some time in very close proximity to F1 cars and as far as I can remember they have not been built like that for a very long time. :)

post-41193-137914459665_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...