Great routes for driving a cab

jdehoogh

Was just browsing through some pictures and got attracted by the pictures of my last holiday: South Africa.

Did some great driving on the whine and coastal routes.

What are your favourite routes?

Just to bring you into the mood, I attached some pictures (including my vehicle accompanying me on that trip)...

scenery_stellenbosch.sized.jpg

101MSD_DSC00224_DSC00224.sized.jpgscenery_Cape.sized.jpgscenery_Cape2.sized.jpgscenery_Cape3.sized.jpg330_2.sized.jpg

Also great driving location Ari!

I once did the route along the Italian coast from Rome, past Napels to Scicilia. The southern part of that route is often used by car manufacturers for brochure pictures.

Don't have any digital pictures of that area, but also great.

One of my other favourites: passo di san bernardo (Switserland/Italy).

beerchug.gif

Dolphin, recognise a few of the shots from a recent trip there myself. Think one of the shots was taken from the balcony of a resturant overlooking the ocean.

Mind you I think your braver than me, I liked the ( imagined ? )security of a hard top when I was over there :-)

We did a nice little days outing from Cape Town up to Jo Berg ! Nice long striang roads, only the odd Police Road block with tanks and machine guns to slow us down.....

c

Indeed from the terras at the twelve apostels just outside Cape Town.

Had a great lunch overthere and could even see some whales from behind my Chardonay beerchug.gif

Cape town is not that dangerous. And if you drive a nice care overthere they are very polite in traffic and safeguarding your car. They probably do not recognise you are a tourist, as most of them rent a vw polo or so. cool.gif

really enjoyed the area.

[ QUOTE ]

Indeed from the terras at the twelve apostels just outside Cape Town. snpped

Cape town is not that dangerous. And if you drive a nice care overthere they are very polite in traffic and safeguarding your car. They probably do not recognise you are a tourist, as most of them rent a vw polo or so. cool.gif

really enjoyed the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the place, nice cocktails I seem to remember :-) Do take your point regarding safety, I was a little twitchy there :-) Had just come back after a couple of week cycle ride around Ethiopia. Only had one machine gun pointed at me there :-)

c