Found out my car was re-trimmed-should I be angry?

gizze

Took my car in to the dealer to have the fuel line replaced due to a leak and I asked them to have a look at the drivers seat because the left hand side had popped out of the fastning.

When I picked the car up they said that they couldn't put the leather back in without charging me labour time, need to take the seat out to do it, because the car had been re-trimmed. The guy said he knew straight away as it was Nappa, and too soft and nice to be an Audi factory fit.

He did say that it was strange as it was specced with leather and then been re done, where as some one who wants a very soft leather usually buys cloth and then has it re trimmed.

So should I be annoyed or grateful?

I mean, it is a very soft pull up leather and feels great, but I wish I knew when I bought it. Also if I were to rip it then I would not be able to order a replacement piece.

I am not fussed wither way, I was really trying to see what others would think, whether people would be happy or annoyed.

Nappa leather is always nicer to sit in, sort of sink into it in the right places wink.gif

The problem I have though now, is if for any reason I did need to replace say the passenger headrest cause it got ripped, I don't know where to go.