APR v AMD (again!) - different question though!

Golfgirl

Can anybody who has either APR or AMD Stage 2 on their R32 please give me their before and after bhp/torque figures.

Thanks 169144-ok.gif

And what are the options/differences with the Miltek exhaust with Stage 2 (straight through/sports cat etc.) and are they all the same cost?

I'm a bit dumb (well, just female actually tongue.gif) and don't understand the different options with the exhaust really!

While waiting for some actual figures, I can tell you the quoted figures.......

AMD - 270bhp+ and 268-270lbs

APR - 260BHP and 258-263lbs

Now I've seen the figures vary depending on car, year, mileage, etc, but these a rough for the AMD / APR comparison. Note that BHP / LBS figures can be different for the same car on different days and different RR set-ups so its no gaurantee that if someone says you've got 270 BHP thats actually what you've got - its what you got on that day, on that RR set-up and in those conditions; temp, humidity, etc, etc!!

As for the Miltek, you can get....

Miltek Rear box + centre section box or with a straight thru centre section, ie no middle box - louder and maybe 2 or 3 more bhp!

I have Blueflame exhaust, who offer the same options and I'm considering the APR route.

169144-ok.gif

Given the choices again I would go with the tuner who offered all the extra useful gizmos (diff maps/valet mode) I would've got the straight through pipe 1st of all instead of afterwards as well had I known about it.

Finally the quoted figures are about 5-10hp different. If you can feel the difference of the 2 then great but I would suggest that unless you are doing lots of drag strip runs ignore the quoted HP figures "COMPLETELY" and go for the company who offers the best discount.

They want your money more than you want their mod!

HTH confused.gif

Right well i have had my AMD stage 2 conversion for nearly 2 weeks now and its the best money i have every spent on getting extra performance on a car. The car pulls so hard now and gets a 2nd bust of life around 5,000 rpm and revs all the way up to 7,250 now they have moved the rev limiter.

My figures were as follows

I did go for the sports cats as well grin.gif

Before:

245.5 BHP

243.5 lbft

AFTER

278.1 BHP

271.5 lbft

so there you go...

Iv got APR (Tho i have to go and get her reflashed as I don't have it at the mo due to having a new ECU fitted) and i have a few of the features added! Got it done at Inters as saved a packet! Also i have the Striaght Through milltek system on! So glad i did!! Sounds awesome!!

I need to dig out my RR figs but at the last RR day @ AmD the car ran 262bhp with a similar torque figure...

Funny tho, I was running 104ron fuel and maximum adaption that day and they reckoned my car was too 'hot' to run. Go figure....

I'm getting an independent dyno done soon to establish just whats going on, as the car is putting more power down than that.

Come see me at Ragley Claire and you can take the car for a spin and see for yourself what its like. Its currently the quickets R32 in the UK on the 1/4 and I'd be interested to see what you think of it ECLIPSe.gif

As Tabs said have a drive of an APR'd car and you wont go back. APR Oceania used my car for R&D in Australia as the ECU code here is slightly different to the UK and USA and we made around a 20 HP increase as did the staff at Vortex when they APR'd their R32 project car. Vortex R32 Project Car Article

I have the full range on programs installed including 95 octane, 98 octane and 104 octane race fuel programs. Valet mode, anti theft and security lockout programs as well as Throttle body alignment and ECU error code reset. I have been very very happy with the upgrade since I got it. I haven't installed a new exhaust yet but do have the flapper valve mod done.

I have also installed the Energy Suspension dogbone bushing kit to remove the lash in the drive train under hard acceleration and I have added a BMC CAI that also helped the car breathe better. I will be following TABS lead and adding FK Silverline coilovers but am waiting as I think my wife is getting them for me as a pseudo suprise 40th Bday pressie grin.gif

Anyway go and get the 6 hour free trial from your APR agent or drive a car that has been done already and you won;t look back.

Dyno's available on my webspace if your interested at http://alwalker.myr32.com/

Cheers Alastair

Thanks for the replies guys - keep em coming! Just trying to decide between the two at the moment. I had the 6 hour APR trial at Inters, but have yet to drive an APR car with Miltek (will hunt you down at Ragley Hall Tabs 169144-ok.gif). I also need to have a go in an AMD car to make a comparison.

At the moment I think I know which I want but it all comes down to the best drive really. cool.gif

Me too, I resisted for so long and then Nigel at BF decided to offer up those tasty R32 exhauts at silly prices on eBay, so I got hooked and bought one.

Now I've started I have to carry on, so now I need to decide on APR or not at all.... plus with a measly £60 increase for the year for both exhaust and APR from my insurance company I find it hard not too.

With Milltek fitted already:

pre remap 253.7 BHP

post remap 274.2 BHP

pre remap 242.3 lb/ft

post remap 271.5 lb/ft

The Milltek freed up the breathing of the car and it seemed a lot less breathless at the top end and made the car sound wicked!!!

The AmD stage 2 remap just gave it a whole lot more grunt throughout the rev range, effortless power smile.gif

Just had the Milltek sports cats done and have noticed better throttle response, noisier more metallic exhaust note, which sounds fab, and the car does seem quicker.

Hope this helps,

Sanjay

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Its currently the quickets R32 in the UK on the 1/4 and I'd be interested to see what you think of it ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In your experience Tabs......ahem! tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol well nobody has bettered the 13.9 I've thrown down, not even any of the AmD 300 boys ices_blah.gif

[ QUOTE ]

lol well nobody has bettered the 13.9 I've thrown down, not even any of the AmD 300 boys ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody on your side of the big pond, at least. wink.gif

I think you guys need to be focusing more on the intake side of

things, rather than on the uber expensive exhausts. I know of

at least 3 R32's running 13.9 or better with nothing more

than chip and intake.

So when's someone going to do an independent before/after dyno

of the AmD stage whatever? Ya know if AWD dynos are hard

to come by there, it's not that hard to disable Haldex (pull the

plug on the back of the rear diff), and dyno it on a 2 wheel dyno.

EIP does it all the time.

ian