Front Brake pad sensors

audia8s2

Changed the front brake discs and pads last week (ready for my father to take possesion of the 8!!), car was fine for a day then I got the darn brake pad warning light on. It's done this before so I had a play with connector plugs and it went away........for an hour or two !! frown.gif. Now the light is on permanently, bugger. In my opinion the sensors come on far too early in the pad's life and you can see the pads through the wheels anyway, so I thought I'd "frig" the sensor. Now this doesn't make sense to me, I've unplugged both sides, light stays on, short the two wires out on each side, the light still stays on, now I'm confused smashfreakB.gif. I'm wondering if the fault lies within the control unit, does anyone reckon the V.A.G diagnostic software could switch the warning signal off all together ????

Any advice, thanks

[ QUOTE ]

It's the wiring loom I'm lead to believe. Mines in for the same (other side was done about 1 year ago). Someone else on here has the same prob too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had same thing 3 weeks ago,its the wiring loom to the brakes it needs replacing. frown.gif

Dont know how much it was cause i had it covered on warrenty... grin.gif

A8Mark..