Russel on the road!

Ari

He is strangely quiet Ari!

I didn't do the Midnight thing though I did need to be in the office early this morning so a 60 mile commute did the deed starting at 5.45am.

I'm so impressed with sheer quality of the Cab - it is so NICE to drive, and that Navigation system is utterly gorgeous in action - 3d maps and and automatic 'intersection zooms'. It will be a long and tiring day - so at least the drive home will be relaxing....and the sun is shining too!

When you feel it fading, go and rent a different car for a week. All due respects to HCUK, but after a week in a Megane convertible (even though I liked it), sinking back into the Audi was very "Mmmmmmmmm". And it smelled like a new car... I suppose it's not so much that the smell fades, as that you get used to it - so a little while in another vehicle makes it all the nicer to get back into all that leather and stuff

[ QUOTE ]

When you feel it fading, go and rent a different car for a week. All due respects to HCUK, but after a week in a Megane convertible (even though I liked it), sinking back into the Audi was very "Mmmmmmmmm". And it smelled like a new car... I suppose it's not so much that the smell fades, as that you get used to it - so a little while in another vehicle makes it all the nicer to get back into all that leather and stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

I have that "feel good factor" every time I get in my car. I guess it goes hand in hand with being over the moon with the Megane as it has proved to be totally faultless, comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable smile.gif

As I have said before if my Cab had been up to the standard of my current car then I probably would still have it, but it wasn't and the problems stopped me enjoying it. I am glad you are pleased with yours and everyone else who is satisfied... I think Ari is pleased with his jump.gif

PS I have leather and stuff in my top spec 'Privilege' model "mini limo" as my other half calls it. Too many toys to list grin.gif

Oh go on, list them: it would be interesting to see how it compares to the standard convertible, although of course I never got a chance to see if it had heated mirrors and so forth due to the weather being, er, adverse for this purpose cool.gif

Seemed to have auto lights though.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh go on, list them: it would be interesting to see how it compares to the standard convertible, although of course I never got a chance to see if it had heated mirrors and so forth due to the weather being, er, adverse for this purpose cool.gif

Seemed to have auto lights though.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, here goes....

Keyless Entry

Keyless Start

Auto Headlights

Auto Wipers

Smart Rear Wiper

Auto Drive Away Locking

See You Home Headlights

Front/Rear Footwell Illumination

Vanity Mirror Illumination

Part Leather Upholstery

8 Airbags

ABS with Brake Assist

Electronic Brake Force Distribution

Seat Belt Pre-tensioners

Height Adjustable Seat with Lumbar Adjustment

5 Star Safety

Variable Power Steering

Electrically Operated/Heated/Folding Door Mirrors

Auto Dim Rear View Mirror

Climate Control

Air Conditioned Glove Box

1 Touch Electric Windows All Round

Heat Reflecting Windscreen

6 in dash CD Autochanger

Single CD Tuner

Remote Radio/CD/Changer Controls

Multi Function Trip Computer

Under Floor Storage

Sunglasses Holder

Reinastella Allow Wheels

Phew........ that took some doing grin.gif

I bet i've missed something wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I suspect he's trying to see exactly how many miles he can get out of a full tank of the heavy stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

That as well ECLIPSe.gif

169144-ok.gif touche beerchug.gif

Not sure what I did mean, really, just "toys" I suppose. A lot of that stuff seems standard between models.

The keyless entry probably explains the silly card key on the lower spec ones - you still get a card instead of a key but you have to physically insert it, which makes it into just an inconveniently shaped key which fits into neither your keyring nor your wallet. If it's designed to fit a transmitter into in other models then it makes more sense - though it does mean you've probably paid a fair bit extra in return for activating some wireless circuitry which probably cost them £2.50 (or possibly £0.00) tongue.gif

But then Audis are hardly immune to this sort of thing, e.g. the Interior Light Pack.

The main things I noticed as a Audi-ite borrowing a Megane CC were:

1. HUGE curved-back windscreen with obtrusive header rail, as previously noted - not a problem in your non-cabrio model (or in the CC when closed), but it does detract from the open-top thing

2. noticeably faster roof mechanism though (wife started asking "why is yours so slow then?" smashfreakB.gif

3. a few differences in cabrio ergonomics which became irritating: (i) windows go down on closing roof, but then need to be manually raised at end of closure procedure - I forgot a few times and nearly left the car wide open when locking. (ii) one-button window control is shoehorned onto centre console, individual window buttons are on door armrest - very non-intuitive (iii) no differential memory for aircon settings with roof up or down (iv) no dual aircon (v) roof folds down over luggage compartment so you can't get stuff out with roof open.

(Maybe some of these are different on higher-spec CCs)

4) aircraft-style handbrake, a novelty which I quite liked.

I'm glad I had it, though - it was ace for the scenery (literally had to stop and get out if I wanted to look up and see mountains though, due to the windscreen/headrail UHOH7.GIF) - my brother ended up renting a Ford diesel estate for the same trip (we met up after a week for a family wedding)

[ QUOTE ]

Must be on his second lap by now, he did spec xenons didn't he....?? UHOH7.GIFECLIPSe.gifECLIPSe.gifECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL ok ok I * JUST GOT HOME * !!!!

Went out at 00:01, me and wife - me in brand new A4 her in brand new BMW 525D. Drove until 2am, came home, slept with big grins, got up very early. Piled kids and gran in to the two cars, drove to random places, then drove down to Oxford (from Manchester) to visit my parents. Left kids with grannies and drove around Oxfordshire for a couple of hours. Watched TV, had chinese, then drove back with my big xenons and cruise control and landed back here about 20 mins ago. Put kids/wife to bed and logged on!

Car is just absolutely superb. The delay when accelerating from 0 is a little odd though which I have to get used to, but other than that I just cannot fault it. Have done about 500 miles in just less than 24 hours and everything is great. The satnav is fantastic, Bose with MP3's playing from an SD card unbelievable, and the voice control on the telephone extremely fun although it does take some getting used to (have to talk at the right speed, right volume, and right accent and pitch!!).

Anyway, need to get some sleep as the kids are back at school in the morning!

See you all tomorrow...

Russ (complete with currently permanent grin!)

jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Have done about 500 miles in just less than 24 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dedication! beerchug.gif

Glad to hear you're enjoying the car. Your anticipation over the last few days has been oozing out of the forum. I hope the car gives you much pleasure for a long time to come.

So Russel, did you and the wife have any fallings out over which is the best car? grin.gif

I bet you were saying "mine is better quality inside" then the Mrs would say "well, mine sounds better and is quicker than yours" and you said "but people let me out of the junctions"

jump.gif

Just got back from another drive... trying desperately to empty the fuel tank so I can see how much it costs to fill smile.gif (good excuse eh?).

Wife and I have not had many arguments about the cars as we both know where we stand... we both started off with pretty much the same budget and got to choose what we wanted without too much interference from the other, apart from the odd "hmmm you should get bigger wheels" and "so how many speakers will yours have?"

1) She chose posher/bigger/more expensive base model, sacrificing some of the "pot" so less gadgets and options

2) Her car is definitely the better looking of the two and generates many more "stares".

3) Hers is the faster car

4) Mine is easier to clean (metallic silver, vs wife's jet black)

5) We made sure we both got the same size alloy wheels (17") but hers are wider, grrr

6) I've got just about every extra you can get, wife got stereo upgrade (£1000!), auto, leather, and that's about it.

So... no arguments really as she wanted a big posh car and I wanted loads of gadgets so went for a cheaper/smaller car so I had 10 grand left for toys smile.gif