Help, this looks like a disaster for Audi Nav

BluEWinG

You need to buy the double din cage, vagparts sell it, and also a new aircon control unit as the one you have is a slightly different shape.

Then you need to find a unit, there is a guy in germany who sells a wiring harness for around €100 so you don't need to chop any wires, whether he does the one for the dvd nav+ I am not sure, but send me a PM and I will dig out his email for you if you want to continue.

With the harness it should just be a case of swapping units over, you may need to add 2 extra wires, one for illumination and the other one the speed pulse, oh and maybe one more for 12v switched, this takes around 30 mins at most and is very easy.

Thanks for your reply Gizze, another Denim blue user like myself, absolute gorgeous colour isnt it.

Im thinking just get a phatbox 20gb player for my car, the main thing I wanted from that was the mp3 playing capability and there are no sat maps for ireland, which still sucks, I thought there would be, but nope frown.gif

Can anyone recommend a cheap phatbox dealer to me? Being in dublin though I'll get screwed over, Plans will have to be made... I can control a phatbox through my Concert II stereo cant i ?

Yeah, I changed my Symphony II for the Nav+ and lost the cd changer in the process, and rather than buy the Audi one I went with the Sony T70 changer instead. You get the wiring harness in the package with the adapter, you just take out the existing loom out the back of the head unit and plug this one in.

[ QUOTE ]

cd changer and connects 2 adapter, looking round you can get a package for around £200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the glove box the standard one or does it have to be changed to fit a CD changer into it ?

My A4 doesnt have a changer in it yet, and I cant really justify the phatt option yet, so a 200 quid changer from Sony would be just fine as long as I dont have to pay 300 for a new glove compartment.

Seems odd that there are two different shapes to be honest....

c

It is the standard glove box, and it fits perfectly, in fact so good it isn't even screwed in, and never slides about.

You will have to cut the back panel out of that top right section as the changer is a little too deep and you need to get the wires in.

Removing the glove box is 8 screws and takes about 40 minutes to do the whole job from start to finish.