[Audi A3/S3] AMD REMAP - Just got it!

harj

Yes cool.gif i've finally got the remapping done and for all you guys considering a remap out there i have one thing to say - whats to consider? go and get it done as you dont know what your missing.

The car actually roars when taken to higher revs, i'm very pleased wink.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

I was just thinking about this a couple of days ago. A couple of years ago all you read on this board was people fretting about DVs and stories of DVs making duck noises. As a result people were spending £70 on aftermarket diverter valves.

Then VAG seemed to finally bring out a revision of the OEM Bosch DV that seemed robust (the 'N' revision. There were loads before it) and suddenly we heard next to nothing about chattering OEM DVs and then there was a debate about whether or not aftermarket DVs made any difference at all.

I'm not saying Forge or Bailey (seemed to be the most popular DVs at the time) aren't better or don't look sexy in their lovely silver. They ARE stronger (being made from metal helps) but they do need infrequent maintenance (cleaning and oiling) and seemed to give a negligible gain.

Your £12 Audi DV (the 'N' revision) can and will cope with up to 1.5 bar of boost no problem these days, providing its correctly fitted.

My opinion of course but I think I'm right smile.gif

I'd like to add that if you've had your car recently remapped, then its a good thing to take the plastic engine cover off and do a good visual of all the main and ancilliary pipes and hoses. If you had any kind of weakness prior to chipping then there's a good chance that the increased boost might have exascerbated any loose pipes, holes etc that you might have had pre-remap. Worth a once-over to be sure smile.gif

• 8 months later...