Will a DV make much difference to my S3?

Bradmax57

i'm not completely sure what you mean?

if you're talking about dump valves then a big, resounding 'No'.

If you mean to upgrade your Diverter Valve then yes, in some cases you will notice some improvement in the responsiveness of your car. The likes of Forge are a good start but i'm sure that there are others out there. Some people have tried the RS6 DV in the S3/TT but i've heard that this can cause problems and usually puts the car into 'limp mode'. Personally, i put the upgraded Bosch type 'N' DV into my S3 and it's been fine. it made a huge difference compared to my worn out old one.

if you're thinking about chipping your car, then you'll definately need to look at something like Forge. Apparently the Bosch DV's are not up to the job in a chipped engine.

Hope this helps! 169144-ok.gif

As for what they do, they just hold the boost pressure between gear changes to make the changes smoother and to ensure that there's boost readily available when you put yer foot down. i think thats how it works, anyway!!!

Costs are about 25 quid for Bosch or 50-70 squids for the aftermarket versions (Forge, etc.).

[ QUOTE ]

As for what they do, they just hold the boost pressure between gear changes to make the changes smoother and to ensure that there's boost readily available when you put yer foot down. i think thats how it works, anyway!!!

Costs are about 25 quid for Bosch or 50-70 squids for the aftermarket versions (Forge, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep Diverter Valve is waht i meant sorry, recommend anywhere for a Forge? Also are they tricky to fit?

they are dead easy to fit, took me just a few mins. I'm sure that there's a guide kicking around somewhere. I'd definately recommend trying out the type N bosch first. they're really cheap from vagparts - got my prices confused in the post above. i'm sure that they're about 15 squids or so. Mine has been fine. been in the car a year or so now and still as sharp as ever. i really doubt that you'll notice 'that' much difference with a Forge - just an slightly emptier wallet. Thats just my personal opinion though.

[ QUOTE ]

they are dead easy to fit, took me just a few mins. I'm sure that there's a guide kicking around somewhere. I'd definately recommend trying out the type N bosch first. they're really cheap from vagparts - got my prices confused in the post above. i'm sure that they're about 15 squids or so. Mine has been fine. been in the car a year or so now and still as sharp as ever. i really doubt that you'll notice 'that' much difference with a Forge - just an slightly emptier wallet. Thats just my personal opinion though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that even for chipped ones?

wont make much difference. describing my AmD Viper DV

sound.. very little

gearchange .. slightly smoother

serviceable.. if you have any doubts it takes only a few minutes to whip it out, clean service and re-assemble.

i wouldnt say it was a must have, but im happier with it than without.

The standard plastic one gets damn hot.

Metal has got to be more robust in these increased chipped temps.

one fit audi clips are the hardest.

Take a pair of snips to them and cut/twist to get them off.

replace with good quality jubilee clips

My vacuum hose (the small one) still have the Audi crimp in place, i was able to get it on/off without needing to replace it.

I tent to service mine when i have been out for a run, but let the car cool down for a few hours.

the hoses are still warm and pliable then and it makes taking it out easy (without burning yourself)