'54 A4 Cab owners...

russellfray

Well done to anyone who has picked up their new '54 Cab - haven't seen one out on the road yet but my god is the weather perfect for it or what...!

I am very jealous that I could not get a Cab due to excessive number of kids smile.gif

Still - today was first day at school for my little girl so we are very proud. Decided to drop her off in the BMW and will pick up in the Audi - it was a hard decision!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Well done to anyone who has picked up their new '54 Cab - haven't seen one out on the road yet but my god is the weather perfect for it or what...!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is on my personal plate which starts with an S - so not obviously new..... cool.gif Drove from Nottingham to Warwick this evening, 25 deg C - with the top down for the 1st time and it was FANTASTIC jump.gif

Can't wait to pick up my Ebony blk 54 plate cab, I am hoping that it turns up this month as would like to get some use out of it whilst it is still warm. I have a year old 225TT roadster at the moment which means the wait is not to bad grin.gif but every time I see an A4 I start to get impatient. Going to call the dealer tomorrow - is there anyway that I can check the build myself with the order number???

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like September could be the saviour of the British summer alright... cool.gif

Love my S Line, but can't help looking at those Cab's and thinking that must feel great... grin.gif

The GF has said that we could change her car to a Cab and then we would have a choice...mmmmm...finances aside me thinks her going to work in the Cab and me in the S line on a summers day could prove to be the start of sportifs2.gifsmashfreakB.gifopenfire.gif

jump.gif

Hehe - Ari don't get any ideas but I picked up my new A3 on Wednesday. Nothing unusual about that you may ask and why put a reply in this thread? Well there were a couple of paint imperfections that I wasn't happy with that the dealer took back in yesterday to rectify.

The end result was that I got a '54 A4 1.8TQ Cab as a runabout for the day grin.gif

Wow - what a great car - and the attention it got round here was nothing short of amazing (complete strangers talking to me in the street and people glaring at me). Made me feel a little uncomfortable at the same time UHOH7.GIF

Its gone back now though but not until I had put an extra 100 miles onto the clock - through winding country roads grin.gifSMOKE6.GIF

A4 Cab - I salute you notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Wow - what a great car - and the attention it got round here was nothing short of amazing (complete strangers talking to me in the street and people glaring at me). Made me feel a little uncomfortable at the same time UHOH7.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean! Near where I live there's always a few kids out playing and in the summer when I drive past with the top down there's usually at least one shout of "nice car mate!" (or my personal favourite, one day a kid shouted " soft tops rock! " grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Its gone back now though but not until I had put an extra 100 miles onto the clock - through winding country roads grin.gifSMOKE6.GIF

A4 Cab - I salute you notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the thing with the cabriolet, it makes othewrwise mundane trips a pleasure and often has you driving the long way home just to enjoy the car.

The great thing is that compared to cabrios of old there are so many less compromises. The roof is fully automatic so easy to drop for even the shortest of journeys, the fabric is triple lined so quiet and snug, the rear window is glass and heated, the soft top box in the boot (the bit the roof folds into) can be raised flat when the tops up to restore boot space. There just isn't the sacrifices there used to be.

It is a truely great car on so many levels. smlove2.gifnotworthy.gifsmlove2.gif