Optimax vs normal unleaded...

R32Ash

I posted a while back in one of the 'hesitation/update' threads, saying that I thought the hesitation had returned.

Riz pointed out that it would probably just seem like that as I said I'd filled the tank wih normal unleaded when I couldn't find a station with any super/optimax at the time.

Well I've eventually used up the tank of normal stuff (I know I don't drive the R32 enough!) and have just filled her up with Optimax.

All I can say is I would never have believed the difference it had made if I hadn't experienced it myself!! I don't believe I should hazard a guess at what sort of power increase there is mid range/top end, but it is SO noticeably better. The car just didn't want to rev with the normal unleaded in it. Now it feels like it did on the drive home from having the 6463 update. ECLIPSe.gif

I honestly didn't think the car would be so sensitive to the fuel.

beerchug.gif

Ash.

I'll do my best to get through a few tanks of the stuff then!.

At this rate I reckon I'll be on tank 4 by the New Year!.. wink.gif

I did read somewhere that the car needs a while to set itself up for the higher octane though. I wonder if one tank of duff fuel is enough to undo whatever the ECU learned from running on Optimax before though? (If you understand what I mean?).

Ash.